Getting Bobcat park brake fully released

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chuckinnc

Hope you dont mind all the questions but I didnt get a manual w/763. When i pressed the park brake down to get off with the motor running it didnt release fully later. I pressed the brake pedel to take them off but when I tried to move the Bobcat it made a grinding noise like the brakes were still on and the motor shutdown under the load. I got it moving again by trying alot of different stuff several times but Im sure there is a proper way to do it.

Bcat

With the design of the parking brake on that machine it is common to have that problem. The brake is a disc and drop block design. With this design it is possible to have tension on the brake when you hit the switch and it wont fully release. If you try to move and it is still engaged try moving the levers in the opposite direction. You should hear it click and you will be free to move. Hope this helps.

Fishfiles

Had hard time making heads or tails of you post but here is something: Sometimes you have to give the machine a little forward or reverse to get the tension off the brake for it release , especially if on an incline or the machine has a creeping problem , some things to look for , the brake bolt and spring may have sheered off and the wedge in jammed up , the bolts that hold the brake together inside the case backed out the plate shifted and it's jamming up ,it could be electrical and the solinoid is not pulling the wedge up , it could not be the brake at all and the chain and sprockets is jammimg up

kelly_b

Just like with sticky brakes on cars, if the brakes are released, start moving the equipment a bit and it should break free. Hope that helps. I know others have already mentioned this.

Latest posts