Gehl HL 2500 A Model 8-20 Rims-Are they Chevy, Ford or what?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stan Stone

I have a Gehl HL 2500 A Model 8-20... One rim is rusted very bad and I have to pump up the tires daily... even after putting new tires on... The rim is just too rusty....Is this a Chevy or Ford or what? Is there a aftermarket rim I can put on this? I know it is a five bolt... Thanks very much for any advice anyone can give me...

Tazza

Staff member
The only other option is to put in a set of tubes, they won't leak then.
Thats if you can't find a set of rims at the right price.

OP
OP
S

Stan Stone

The only other option is to put in a set of tubes, they won't leak then.
Thats if you can't find a set of rims at the right price.
Thanks for your advice... The tire guys told me the rim is even too rusty for a tube as it would eventually work a hole in the tube as the rust is kind of sharp... so your right I need to find new rims but there is where I am confused... I am not sure if I need Chevy or Ford or what the heck kind of rims did they put on those machines... did they make their own special rims? I was hoping there was a aftermarket rim that would fit it... the owner or service manual says nothing except part number 600388... thanks very much for your advice...

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for your advice... The tire guys told me the rim is even too rusty for a tube as it would eventually work a hole in the tube as the rust is kind of sharp... so your right I need to find new rims but there is where I am confused... I am not sure if I need Chevy or Ford or what the heck kind of rims did they put on those machines... did they make their own special rims? I was hoping there was a aftermarket rim that would fit it... the owner or service manual says nothing except part number 600388... thanks very much for your advice...
I would suspect they are their own rims, but others may be the same bolt patern.
I know what you mean about the sharp rust. I have had some like that in the past, i wire buffed and sand blasted them. Gave them a good thick coat of paint, they were good to go again.

clyde2

I would suspect they are their own rims, but others may be the same bolt patern.
I know what you mean about the sharp rust. I have had some like that in the past, i wire buffed and sand blasted them. Gave them a good thick coat of paint, they were good to go again.
My Hydra Mac has Ford Ranger wheels on it they are 15s and fit perfect.

Latest posts