Gehl 5640 E wheels

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

emilbanks

Does anyone know if the wheels are reversible on Gehl or do you have to buy wheel spacers. All I want to doo is get the wheels moved out by an inch or so to put some chains on ther tires Thanks Emil

skidsteer.ca

Not sure on there offset off hand, but pull one off and check the inside versus outside measurement and let us know!
Ken

Land-Tech

Not sure on there offset off hand, but pull one off and check the inside versus outside measurement and let us know!
Ken
I have a 5635 and I run chains without reversing the wheels. You put the single hooks to the inside and the binder to the outside. My wheels look like they would reverse about 1.5" although I have never done it. My Mustang has always been reversed for tracks and I think there is noticeable stability and traction enhancement. I custom cut my chains to length and only leave one or two links on the inside so there is no excess chain flopping around. I also use a larger chain with longer links so the side chains come further down the sidewall and no problems. If you are worried about scarring the chain case I don't think it would matter either way, things get loose. good luck Scott

OP
OP
E

emilbanks

I have a 5635 and I run chains without reversing the wheels. You put the single hooks to the inside and the binder to the outside. My wheels look like they would reverse about 1.5" although I have never done it. My Mustang has always been reversed for tracks and I think there is noticeable stability and traction enhancement. I custom cut my chains to length and only leave one or two links on the inside so there is no excess chain flopping around. I also use a larger chain with longer links so the side chains come further down the sidewall and no problems. If you are worried about scarring the chain case I don't think it would matter either way, things get loose. good luck Scott
Thank You for the helpful information I did pull a wheel and the rims are reversible so this week-end I am going to change them all out. You gain about 1.5 inches on each wheel and your right about increased stability . All my farm tractors I always reverse the rims it really helps on slopes. I use chains as well but just did not have enough clearance on the 5640E it is really a tight fit . All good advise from everyone Thank You Emil