Gehl 4615 question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Iowan

New guy here, love the site so far. I have a question regarding a Gehl 4615 and the auxillary hydraulics. I built a log splitter for the machine, but have since found out after attachment and a quick trial run that I'm not getting enough push from the hydraulics system. It splits decently, but struggles on larger logs. I'm not sure what kind of pressure I've got yet from the connections, but is there a way to adjust the amount of pressure I'm sending out from the pump, or is it possible to change the relief valves to gain some added sending pressure? I'm definitlyl not a mechanic, but I can usually fumble my way around things enough to make them work. Anyone have any suggestions or info I could use? Thanks in advance. Iowan

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know the output of your machine, but most do 2,500-3000 PSI thats generally more than enough pressure. How big is the cylinder and did you have a different power pack attached to it before? your cylinder may just be a little small for the job. I think most use a 3-4" bore, the larger the bore the more power you get, but the slower it will travel.