gas bobcat 642B - right wheel won't turn

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jwilli8836

I'm a mom that has a bobcat we use for our horse corrals, recently I offered to do some work moving dirt in trade for horse training. I put about 25 hours in & then the right wheel started slipping & then stopped turning when I pushed the arm forward, it won't go in a straight line forward or in reverse. I looked in the manual & it said it could be the linkage, or the motor or the hydraulic pump. If it is one of the latter 2, is there a source for rebuilt parts out there? I'd appreciate any help or suggestions! Thanks!

Tigerotor77W

Welcome to the site! I think we might be missing a bit of information... do you mean neither of the right wheels turn? So that only the left wheels can spin? Do you hear noise if you move the right lever forward?

OP
OP
J

jwilli8836

Welcome to the site! I think we might be missing a bit of information... do you mean neither of the right wheels turn? So that only the left wheels can spin? Do you hear noise if you move the right lever forward?
We tore the drive motor apart & found the teeth broken & the total cost for the 3 new parts was close to $1000 which is what a new hydrostatic motor would cost-any information on rebuilt or used parts for less? Thanks!

Latest posts