Fuel leak, 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dirtyb115

Hello all. I just purchased a bobcat 753, and I have found a few issues (i hope minor) that i need to repair. First is that there is a fuel leak when running.
I have attached a picture, it appears to be leaking under the small blocks with the torx screws on them. Any thoughts on what i will need to replace?
I also noticed the small brass valve knob is broken off. What is this valve for anyways? Thanks in advance for any help!

nextcloud.motorecycler.duckdns.org

flyerdan

According to the Bobcat Parts Online diagrams, that whole unit doesn't have individual breakdowns, so any parts would have to be done by a shop that has the facilities to deal with the tolerances here.
What you might do is take those blocks off and see if you can tighten any of the fittings, might just be a seep. Getting on the middle ones might be a problem unless you have some really good, thin flare nut wrenches.
The broken valve looks to be the bleeder valve that you use with the squeeze bulb to prime the system, it's in the parts list.

OP
OP
D

dirtyb115

According to the Bobcat Parts Online diagrams, that whole unit doesn't have individual breakdowns, so any parts would have to be done by a shop that has the facilities to deal with the tolerances here.
What you might do is take those blocks off and see if you can tighten any of the fittings, might just be a seep. Getting on the middle ones might be a problem unless you have some really good, thin flare nut wrenches.
The broken valve looks to be the bleeder valve that you use with the squeeze bulb to prime the system, it's in the parts list.
Thanks for the reply. I did find this thread, looks like a few people have fixed on their own. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/kubota-v2203-injector-pump-problem.17933/ I have read fuel delivery can be affected, is this true or should it be safe to replace the orings mentioned in the above thread?

OP
OP
D

dirtyb115

Thanks for the reply. I did find this thread, looks like a few people have fixed on their own. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/kubota-v2203-injector-pump-problem.17933/ I have read fuel delivery can be affected, is this true or should it be safe to replace the orings mentioned in the above thread?
Found this, looks like exactly what i need to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynD_XTTtPw

OP
OP
D

dirtyb115

Found this, looks like exactly what i need to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynD_XTTtPw
Okay, all fixed, pretty simple! Now i have to figure out the fuel gauge not working, and replace the cab gas springs and i hope thats it for a while.

foton

Okay, all fixed, pretty simple! Now i have to figure out the fuel gauge not working, and replace the cab gas springs and i hope thats it for a while.
fuel gauge not working it is usally the sending unit in the tank ,if it is all stock you can get away with just replacing a part, if it is something else replace everything so you will know all resistance parts match.

OP
OP
D

dirtyb115

fuel gauge not working it is usally the sending unit in the tank ,if it is all stock you can get away with just replacing a part, if it is something else replace everything so you will know all resistance parts match.
Thanks for the reply! I did take the connector loose and shorted the signal to ground and the gauge does move so was thinking it was the sending unit. Gauge looks oem so hoping i can get away with just the sender. Doesn't look like its going to be easy to get it in an out though....

foton

Thanks for the reply! I did take the connector loose and shorted the signal to ground and the gauge does move so was thinking it was the sending unit. Gauge looks oem so hoping i can get away with just the sender. Doesn't look like its going to be easy to get it in an out though....
If I remember right when we did a friends 743 we used a drill powered pump to drain the tank , removed it and emptied all kinds if trash out of the tank ,replaced the plastic fuel pick up and screen and the sender unit. was not bad to do once most of fuel removed.