Fuel guage for an LS125

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tom Brown

The fuel gauge on my LS125 doesn't work. The float and helical actuator do what they're supposed to but it looks like the needle is missing. It's also really dirty so it's tough to see in. How long do these things last? If they generally last OK, I wouldn't mind picking one up from the dealer. If they're known to fail after a short time, I'll just wing it.

mllud

To clarify, the unit has a 6 gallon tank and the gauge is in the fuel cap.
Tom
Iv'e seen them get cloudy but dont know how long that takes to happen. The older ones had a cork float would get gas logged.I think it would be a worth while investment if they dont want a fortune. They've been making those for a long time. Mike

skidsteer.ca

Tom
Iv'e seen them get cloudy but dont know how long that takes to happen. The older ones had a cork float would get gas logged.I think it would be a worth while investment if they dont want a fortune. They've been making those for a long time. Mike
Tom
Measure the resistance with a ohm meter at E and F of the float sender. You can likely just pick up a 2" round guage made for a chev or ford car from a t speed shop, that matches the ohm you sender has at E and F and save some $$. Unless of course the dealer $ is not too bad or your really fond of oem.
see http://www.autometer.com/ your should be able to find the avaialble ohm readings for the common car guages
Ken

OP
OP
Tom Brown

Tom Brown

Tom
Measure the resistance with a ohm meter at E and F of the float sender. You can likely just pick up a 2" round guage made for a chev or ford car from a t speed shop, that matches the ohm you sender has at E and F and save some $$. Unless of course the dealer $ is not too bad or your really fond of oem.
see http://www.autometer.com/ your should be able to find the avaialble ohm readings for the common car guages
Ken
Thanks, Ken. This is a purely mechanical gauge. Now... in an extremely ironic twist of fate, I've ran the thing out of fuel. I've done my best to prime it and it will run but it won't break an idle. Iit's been running for 10 minutes now so I've just left it idling.

OP
OP
Tom Brown

Tom Brown

Thanks, Ken. This is a purely mechanical gauge. Now... in an extremely ironic twist of fate, I've ran the thing out of fuel. I've done my best to prime it and it will run but it won't break an idle. Iit's been running for 10 minutes now so I've just left it idling.
Thanks, Mike. I'll get a price from my dealer tomorrow morning.

Latest posts