Fuel Additives

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Feedbag

Hello, would anyone care to share what they use for fuel additives? I live in Massachusetts where we have low sulfur diesel fuel at the pumps. My machine is a 1985 to 87 Bobcat 743 with a Kubota V1702 diesel engine. I usually add some 911 to my fuel tank, wondering what other people are using/recommend. Thanks....

foton

not that it is any better than other additives but I use diesel clean just the regular not the I think they call it 911 for heavily fouled injectors . I put it in my bulk storage tank so everything gets treated fuel usually in the fall and thru the winter and stop adding in spring.

reaperman

Power service diesel fuel supplement is most common in the trucking industry and sold at all OTR truck stops. 911 is made by the same company but is generally only used for emergency gels. I dont know if 911 is made as a preventative like "power service" (white jug). I use "power service" throughout the year, even in the summer, it helps lubricate the fuel system at the same time and anti gelling in the winter. I live in Mn and have never had issues. But I also use blended fuel in the winter, it gets pretty cold here.

Farmerdad

Since I live where it is common to see -25 below, I usually run straight #1 diesel with additive for lubrication. And since there is so much different info on the internet, just curious if anyone else here lives where it gets that cold and if you mix #1 with #2 without lubrication additive and if so, what ratio do you mix it to avoid gel point? Thouht this question fits this thread.