Forks for a 763?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

carl johansson

Ok guys,
so several years back I saw a guy with a skid steer that had picked up a set of forks from a forklift place and mounted em up to his machine - he could easily put em on and take em off.
anyone seen/done this? on the cheap? I can pick up used forks locally - no problem, but I cannot remember how the guy had em mounted. anyone ?

Carl Johansson
Auberry Ca

Tigerhaze

Ah crud, duplicate, and I cannot figure out how to delete it. Sorry for pooping in your forum guys!
You can buy either blank plates or fork mounting plates with the Bob-Tach adapter. Depending on the fork configurations, you could either weld to the plate (not desirable if you want to be able to adjust the width spacing) or fabricate the connector to the adapter plate.

lesgawlik

You can buy either blank plates or fork mounting plates with the Bob-Tach adapter. Depending on the fork configurations, you could either weld to the plate (not desirable if you want to be able to adjust the width spacing) or fabricate the connector to the adapter plate.
There are clamp-on forks on eBay which are very inexpensive, and quite strong. What I was going to do is buy a quicktach plate and weld on a strip about 6" wide, across the bottom of the quicktach. This would duplicate the bucket edge, but without the width of the bucket. Then, I could just clamp on the forks wherever I wanted to along the strip. The quicktach plates are fairly inexpensive, and it would require just an additional strip of steel and a few gussets for strength. i have the clamp-on forks, and they're great except they keep the load too far forward.

flyerdan

There are clamp-on forks on eBay which are very inexpensive, and quite strong. What I was going to do is buy a quicktach plate and weld on a strip about 6" wide, across the bottom of the quicktach. This would duplicate the bucket edge, but without the width of the bucket. Then, I could just clamp on the forks wherever I wanted to along the strip. The quicktach plates are fairly inexpensive, and it would require just an additional strip of steel and a few gussets for strength. i have the clamp-on forks, and they're great except they keep the load too far forward.
Probably the best way to do this would be to get the carriage for the forks as well, that would give you the notched top rail for spacing as well as the bottom rail that keep them from falling off when tilted forward. That could be attached to a quick-tach plate, and you might also get the back rest panel that most forklifts have. I don't have one on mine; while it's easier to see around and you can get into some tighter places it's sometimes nice to have that backbrace to chain to since it moves with the forks.

Tazza

Staff member
Probably the best way to do this would be to get the carriage for the forks as well, that would give you the notched top rail for spacing as well as the bottom rail that keep them from falling off when tilted forward. That could be attached to a quick-tach plate, and you might also get the back rest panel that most forklifts have. I don't have one on mine; while it's easier to see around and you can get into some tighter places it's sometimes nice to have that backbrace to chain to since it moves with the forks.
I made a set about a year ago. I got an old carriage and tynes. Got some box section to make the adaptor plate to the bobtach. I moved a pallet with one tonne of sandblasting sand. The forks handled it just fine, the machine wasn't so impressed, with the wanting to topple forward. But it goe the job done.
If you make a set like this, ensure you pack the bottom of the tynes out to allow for more back tilt. If its left flat, you will kick your self later when you are on slightly un-even ground and the load topples forward.