Ford CL45 Dead

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

monroefiredog

Hi All, I am new to this forum but I have a Ford CL-45, I think it is a 1986 model. I am needing a head gasket I think (haven't pulled it apart yet, may be a cracked head), but I am not having any luck finding one. If anyone knows where I can obtain one, please let me know. My only other option is to repower it with another engine. I have searched the web and it looks like a Kubota, Wisconsin, and a few others may work with modifications. I was wanting to know if anyone else on here has repowered the CL45 and how difficult it was, the engine you used, and how successful it was. Is there anything that would do different? Or, if you have any ideas on where I can get parts for the Shibaura LEP-8543a, which is the engine I currently have, which is 42 hp, I think. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks, D.L.

Tazza

Staff member
Have you tried the dealer?
Why do you suspect the head gasket? what is the compression like?

tatergraves

Hi All, I am new to this forum but I have a Ford CL-45, I think it is a 1986 model. I am needing a head gasket I think (haven't pulled it apart yet, may be a cracked head), but I am not having any luck finding one. If anyone knows where I can obtain one, please let me know. My only other option is to repower it with another engine. I have searched the web and it looks like a Kubota, Wisconsin, and a few others may work with modifications. I was wanting to know if anyone else on here has repowered the CL45 and how difficult it was, the engine you used, and how successful it was. Is there anything that would do different? Or, if you have any ideas on where I can get parts for the Shibaura LEP-8543a, which is the engine I currently have, which is 42 hp, I think. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks, D.L.

tatergraves

hello, was wondering if you ever found a solution on your cl45? I have a cl55 that has a motor that has water getting in the oil. hard to find parts as you know. did you repower yours? would love to hear back. Thank you