Erskine 2400 snowblower convert to run on my s300

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Barthski

My neighbor had a erskine 2400 snowblower sitting in the trees that he had purchased several years ago. I have no idea what it was mounted on before but the hoses and connectors were larger than the quick tach on my s300. Also the wire harness was an 8 pin I believe. Like on deere or cat. I bought an adapter from skidsteer genius to convert the electrical to work with the bobcat and swapped the hydraulic onnectors just to test the blower and see if everything worked, Which it does however the fan turns too slowly to throw the snow very far even on my high flow s300. My question is, can the motors be swapped to work on my s300 or should I just abandon this project and go buy a new one

TriHonu

I'm not familiar with the Erskine 2400. However, I would phone Erskine Attachments and ask them what motor would work with your S300. For optimum performance, the hydraulic motor displacement must be matched to the auxiliary hydraulic flow of the loader.
I bought an HGP snowblower at an auction. It had a motor sized for a high flow loader. I phoned HGP and asked for the optimum RPM to run the blower.
I purchased a new motor from a local hydraulics shop for $500. Bolted it in and it works as designed on my standard flow loader. I still have the high flow motor. On this HGP blower it is 5 bolts and you can swap the motor. If I ever upgrade to a high flow machine, it is an easy job to swap the motors.

Latest posts