Error Code w3266 (Battery Voltage out of Range) 2012 Bobcat T-650

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wright1822

I have a 2012 Bobcat T650. It has about 320 hours on it. I left the cab with machine idling and when i got back in and hit the go button the boom would not move. An error message popped up W3266 (Battery Voltage out of range). I turned the machine on and off a few times, still nothing on the boom. The Tracks were working, so i thought it might be the right joystic so i switched to iso, but the machine still moved around fine. I tried to disconnect battery and reconect, I tested the voltage on battery which looked ok. I shut machine off for 15 minutes, still nothing. Finally i got back in to go park machine out of the way and it worked. I used it for an hour and everything was fine. The following day i used it for an hour then shut off for a while. When i started it up later on the same thing happened. Does anybody know if there is a quick fix for this. I am in the middle of a job and really don't have the time to wait on sombody to service.

Bobcatdan

When it acts up, check voltage while running. I have a feeling you will find the voltage high like above 16 v. This will cause the computer to shut down. If it is the alternator needs replacing.