ERROR 2 code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shelby

....Hi there For anyone keeping up on this error code saga of mine......... this code keeps popping up at random(usually occurs at low idle)(1000RPM), when I am not in the machine. A few days ago, I went to start the machine, battery voltage with the key switch on displayed about 5.8 volts, when I went to start mode, everything went dead, but a battery charger seemed to rectify the problem. A friend suggested that perhaps the alternator might be the source of this code, and at 5200 hours(why not)......so I decided to change the battery as well, although the old battery still was showing adequate power on a load test, I can use it in another application, I removed the alternator, and had it tested, turns out the rotor was faulty, I was looking at $250 to rebuild my own, or about $320 for a Remanu, so I chose the latter, put everything back together last night, and all seemed to be ok(But!!!!I have said that before) After putting the new battery in place......with the key switch turned on, voltage display was still showing about 5.5 volts, and with engine running, the display is between 12.5 and 13.5 volts, which is normal for this machine. I guess that time will tell......later S