Engine for a LX665

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bell435

Looking to swap out my engine on my New Holland LX665. Can I use a Kabota engine to swap in there.
The engine is toast and I'm having a hard time finding a New Holland engine and was hoping a different engine would do the job.

mrbb

I cannot say for sure it will work or not, but I do know a lot of the LX series skid steers used motors from other makers than NH
so might want to look into other like models, either a size up or down from your machine and see what powers them!
and thee guys seem to be able to get one for you if needed?

Wayne440

If I absolutely had to put something besides the original Shibaura engine in there, I would look at similar size/power engines from Perkins and Caterpillar. From casual observation the smaller "Perkins" and "Caterpillar" engines are essentially Shibaura with different paint. There are probably some differences, but to me they should be closer to what you have than a Kubota.

https://www.industryweek.com/leader...to-build-small-medium-diesel-engines-in-china

Last edited:

Shanmar

Here's another option.

From the factory New Holland used the Shibaura N844T engine in this frame size loader only. They also built the same loader for Deere (model 7775), but used a Yanmar 4TNE84T engine. I don't know if the engine mounting was different. The Yanmar engine was also used in some other applications (generators, power units, etc.) but they're not that easy to find either.