Engine compartment door

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bumpytruck

Can anybody tell me if there is supposed to be a bushing of some kind in the hinge for the engine compartment rear door.The bolt on mine seems to be tight, but the door moves up and down about a 1" or better.I have to pull up on it when I latch it.

mllud

Yes there is at least on the LX series loaders. I had a hard time finding it on the parts breakdown. I think its on the page with the radiator or could be on the page for the chassy. It look like in the diagram it has a shoulder on the top.
My door sags when open and I have to lift a little to latch it. Sound Familiar. Thats a lot of door to hang off one hinge with the hinge at the bottom corner.
mike

OP
OP
B

bumpytruck

Yes there is at least on the LX series loaders. I had a hard time finding it on the parts breakdown. I think its on the page with the radiator or could be on the page for the chassy. It look like in the diagram it has a shoulder on the top.
My door sags when open and I have to lift a little to latch it. Sound Familiar. Thats a lot of door to hang off one hinge with the hinge at the bottom corner.
mike
I just spoke with my dealer. He told me that they drill out the hole on the door side of the hinge and put the next size up bolt in its place.He told me the bushing is made of steel and most often does not were out.I'll be checking mine in the AM.

busted_knuckles

I just spoke with my dealer. He told me that they drill out the hole on the door side of the hinge and put the next size up bolt in its place.He told me the bushing is made of steel and most often does not were out.I'll be checking mine in the AM.
Ditto on mine, at 1300 hours, and light use, my door drops at least an inch or more, and like Mike's, Ive got to pick mine up to close the door as well. Id take the time to bush mine, no need to do it, but it would be nice. I thougth I had the only one that did that! Bill

OP
OP
B

bumpytruck

Ditto on mine, at 1300 hours, and light use, my door drops at least an inch or more, and like Mike's, Ive got to pick mine up to close the door as well. Id take the time to bush mine, no need to do it, but it would be nice. I thougth I had the only one that did that! Bill
Well after measuring things up,heres what I did. I went out and purhased a 3/4" x 7" bolt and nut-$8 . I then came home and drilled out the door hinge and the steel bushing on the machine itself. 3/4" Drill - about $30. I had one on hand.Greased it and reassembled it.It works like brand new.The dealer told me a new bushing would not help much. It problery only took an HR with travel and ,everything.It drilled very easily.If your door drops I suggest you do this fix. Joe

mllud

I think Ill follow your lead on this project. I looked yesterday and the wear on mine appeared th be in the bushing. By drilling you get a fresh bore in everything. Mike

xtreem3d

I think Ill follow your lead on this project. I looked yesterday and the wear on mine appeared th be in the bushing. By drilling you get a fresh bore in everything. Mike
i'm guessing because the bolt and nut cost $8.00 it's something like grade 2 or 5 would it be better to use a grade 8 to reduce wear? although your probably not opening the door as often as a car
steve