Emergency Door Release Handles

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

calderon

Greetings,

I recently purchased a used CAT 259d and to add to my fleet. This is my first Caterpillar. Upon receiving it, I noticed that the the red emergency door release handles was off. I tried to get them back on but haven't had much luck.

Do these handles need to be replaced once they are used or is there a way to reinstall them ?

I'm not sure about CAT, but if you pull those on a John Deere they ain't going back on. You might have to purchase new ones. A CAT dealer would know better though.

Stevo3556

I see this is old and you have not been here for a while. If you are still having issues I can send you a pic of the exploded view of the door release. My book says it can be put back together.

foxnick122

I see this is old and you have not been here for a while. If you are still having issues I can send you a pic of the exploded view of the door release. My book says it can be put back together.
Hey would you be able to send this to me please?

Stevo3556

This is what I have in my owner's manual.

Hope this helps.

Steve

tempImage7rcpF1.png
tempImageCWKjU4.png

reaperman

They can be put back together but what happens is when the handle is released the parts go flying, good luck finding them. The main piece that goes thru the glass is $35 alone from a Cat dealer.