EDIT: BOBCAT T770 overheating? COOLANT SENSOR....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ED61

Hello, new member here & looking for some help.
EDIT:
Yeah, that was WAY to long a post. Let me try again. 2017 T770. Appears to overheat based on gauge & display, Temp gauge & display jump to 130 to 146* range PRIOR to ever starting engine. The "COLD" alert no longer displays upon cold startup. Temp gauge needle moves up/down and digital display follows suit, BEFORE starting engine.
I can run 15 minutes to one hour with the temp running from 192* to 216* then it will randomly jump to 225 (235* yesterday while at idle and auto shut down) However, IRT on block, head, radiator, oil pan, etc., temps run between 136* to 177*...nothing near the gauge readings. No boiling/overheat sounds from coolant recovery bottle.

I suspect the temperature sending unit/sensor is at fault. I'm running through wiring/grounds, etc, but so far all OK. I need to access the sending unit but it seems the only way would be to pull the radiator, fan, etc & looks like a cover plate under all that? I figure if I do all that I'll replace the sensor even if it shows good & T-stat as well since I'm in there.

Machine has only 300 hours. All fluids EXCEPT coolant was changed @ 272 hours. The coolant being 5 years old should be replaced per the manual, so that too. Any advice/insight is VERY much appreciated. Am I right about coolant sensor access? I believe a faulty sensor will cause all the issues I'm having...yes/no/maybe?

Last edited: