E26 Not starting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GTSX

Hi All I have an E26 which is refusing to start. The last time I used it about 4 days ago when I switched it off the engine kept running. I thought it was just a problem with the key so moved it back to the run position and then off again and the engine cut out as expected. Today it wouldn't start.... On turning the key the heater plug starts to count down as normal however there are a couple of beeps from the machine and a warning light flashing. Having spoken to a dealer they said it could be the start relay and to check the fuses first. Fuses located but not checked yet as I didn't have any tools with me. Any help, advice would be appreciated. I have some photos and a small video clip but I can't see where to load them. Thank you

foton

to me sounds like a fuel on and off valve ,relay , or something associated with it

flyerdan

to me sounds like a fuel on and off valve ,relay , or something associated with it
You know that you have a switch issue by cycling it to get it to shut off. What I would do is disconnect a battery cable, spray some contact cleaner into the switch and cycle it through the range several times. Check the ground connection at the battery cable (if you take this one off of the battery it's easy to check the other end as well), and pull out and reseat every fuse and relay to scuff off any corrosion and give it a fresh connection.
All of that is easy to do with minimal tools and doesn't cost anything.