Duetz BFM1011F Engine Ran away

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
K

kroog

Glad it seems ok.
Keep an eye on the oil, even give it an early oil change to get any remaining fuel out of the oil system.
Disassembled pump. It had a 1/2 inch tear in the diaphragm. Checked the oil after running for 3 hrs over 2 days. Everything looks good so far. Will change and cut the filter and sample the oil next week. Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
K

kroog

Disassembled pump. It had a 1/2 inch tear in the diaphragm. Checked the oil after running for 3 hrs over 2 days. Everything looks good so far. Will change and cut the filter and sample the oil next week. Thanks for the help.
GOOD NEWS!!! I cut the replacement filter after running the engine about 3 hours. No metal and very little carbon. The fuel in the oil flushed out most of the carbon. Sampled the oil-clean. No fuel, tin, lead or brass, only 5PPM iron (typical). So no engine damage from the run away!!! I will check the valve lash next. Thanks for all your help.

Tazza

Staff member
GOOD NEWS!!! I cut the replacement filter after running the engine about 3 hours. No metal and very little carbon. The fuel in the oil flushed out most of the carbon. Sampled the oil-clean. No fuel, tin, lead or brass, only 5PPM iron (typical). So no engine damage from the run away!!! I will check the valve lash next. Thanks for all your help.
Excellent, you are very lucky. If you look on yourtube, you can find videos of engines self destructing as they draw in their engine oil till they run dry. It was your quick thinking of blocking the air intake that saved it.

antfarmer2

Excellent, you are very lucky. If you look on yourtube, you can find videos of engines self destructing as they draw in their engine oil till they run dry. It was your quick thinking of blocking the air intake that saved it.
Yep your fast thinking saved you butt good job

OP
OP
K

kroog

Yep your fast thinking saved you butt good job
I don't know if it was skill or luck this time. In this case, I'll take either. I've done some research on the oil filters after cutting the AC/Delco PF53 apart and seeing how crappy the filter was made. I think I'll change it out for a Donaldson.

Latest posts