Dreaded Sprocket bolt 853H

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gjinc

I am working on a 853H, the left rear wheel is not being driven. I pulled the covers and jacked that wheel up and gave it a spin. Everything spins except the sprocket. Seems the bolt requires a 1 1/2 inch wrench, no room for a socket. I have my open end wrench with a 3 foot pipe on it and no luck loosing it. Anybody ever did this and what did you use? Thanks

OP
OP
G

gjinc

Wonder if this would work https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Proto-J2624SW-Offset-Striking-Wrench/dp/B00209PG9Y/ref=nav_signin?_encoding=UTF8&s=hi&

Tazza

Staff member
Wonder if this would work https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Proto-J2624SW-Offset-Striking-Wrench/dp/B00209PG9Y/ref=nav_signin?_encoding=UTF8&s=hi&
I have been lucky enough to get the bolt off by installing a spanner inside the chain case and i have a bar with holes drilled to match the hub studs. I haul on the bar from outside to crack the bolt free. When the drive motor is trying to fight me, i un-do the hoses so it will rotate slowly and allow me to tighten the bolt by turning the hub.

OP
OP
G

gjinc

I have been lucky enough to get the bolt off by installing a spanner inside the chain case and i have a bar with holes drilled to match the hub studs. I haul on the bar from outside to crack the bolt free. When the drive motor is trying to fight me, i un-do the hoses so it will rotate slowly and allow me to tighten the bolt by turning the hub.
After trying a bunch of stuff that didn't work, a 20 dollar truck wheel wrench, 4 foot steel bar, a hammer and 30 blows and it was loose. Would post a picture but can't seem to figure that out. the weld on the sprocket broke .

flyerdan

After trying a bunch of stuff that didn't work, a 20 dollar truck wheel wrench, 4 foot steel bar, a hammer and 30 blows and it was loose. Would post a picture but can't seem to figure that out. the weld on the sprocket broke .
I'd be interested in seeing that picture, if you could put it on a hosting site and paste the address in here I'll sort it.

OP
OP
G

gjinc

I'd be interested in seeing that picture, if you could put it on a hosting site and paste the address in here I'll sort it.
HI, Every time I tried to upload to photobucket it gave me a error. I sent a picture to your email.

flyerdan

HI, Every time I tried to upload to photobucket it gave me a error. I sent a picture to your email.
It did the same for me, thought it might have been the file type but other stuff errored out as well. Don't know what it is with all these sites, Photobucket, facebook, twitter, etc all seem determined to make things as difficult and cause as much hate and discontentment as possible.
Uploaded it to the albums here, and for some reason can't go past the first page of albums to view, but was able to replace the =path with my album name to get to it.

text

OP
OP
G

gjinc

It did the same for me, thought it might have been the file type but other stuff errored out as well. Don't know what it is with all these sites, Photobucket, facebook, twitter, etc all seem determined to make things as difficult and cause as much hate and discontentment as possible.
Uploaded it to the albums here, and for some reason can't go past the first page of albums to view, but was able to replace the =path with my album name to get to it.
Thanks I put the wrench on the bolt, tapped the wood in between the bolt heads to keep the wrench on, held the rod on the wrench and beat on it. Have to make sure the wheel/axle is not spinning with each hit. About 30 good hits hits and it was loose.

Latest posts