Draining the fuel tank

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bremery

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to drain the fuel tank on my 743? I pulled a line off at the injector pump and it drained incredibly slow. I have 6-8 gallons of fuel that I want to get out because I am not sure if it is good or not. I also tried a transfer pump, but I don't think it was strong enough to pump the fuel up and out through the fill cap. Thanks

perry

If it's like my 853, there is a 2x8 plate on the bottom with three bolts, remove and you will see two rubber plugs, front for drive gears and rear for fuel tank. Order a new plug first'.

Tazza

Staff member
If it's like my 853, there is a 2x8 plate on the bottom with three bolts, remove and you will see two rubber plugs, front for drive gears and rear for fuel tank. Order a new plug first'.
There is no drain plug on these tanks.... I have used an electric fuel pump before, worked a treat. Remove the line from the lift pump, install fuel pump and hose and run it into a drum. Its fairly fast, must faster than waiting for gravity to do the job.

743 is diesel and Diesel don't go bad (to much oil in it) anyway the most you mite have is a bacteria growing in it (sounds dumb but true) go to a reefer place and they got stuff to fix it but it being a plastic tank I don't think you got anything to worry about. I have had 4 year deisel with no problems running it before. Did you check your vavle at the bottom of the tank to see if its all the way open? or check your Injectors / Clean them. Hope this helps