dr-2 error code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

I have 2005 T180 with selectable joystick controls and the standard control panel. I've been having intermittent error codes which occasionally shut down the engine (I didn't think they should have done that, but what does a dumb user know). The codes are all 75-xx, mostly having to do with a swash plate. Not sure of the actual sequence, but after restart, I get a display of dr-2 sometimes, without me pressing a button to display error codes. Cant' find this in my service manual. Anyone have a clue as to what "dr-2" means? :) ---RC

OldMachinist

I remember reading awhile back about someone having that code. It's seems like it was caused by a door sensor on a machine that had the extra thick door for using a forestry attachment. I can't find where I read it anymore but aparently with that door kit if you open the door with auxillaries on the machine shut downs.

hvyduty

DR-2 is a reference to drive responce option not a fault . 1) Hold "Press to Operate Loader"button–3 seconds. 2) Change setting via upper buttons on left handle. 3) Press & hold the Press to Operate Loader button until SET is displayed to permanently set the new level. 4) Operate the machine in all 3 Drive Response settings and notice the differences. -Changes affect drive and steering responsiveness only. -Braking/stopping is not affected. DR-1 –less responsive DR-2 –normal response DR-3 –more responsive

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

DR-2 is a reference to drive responce option not a fault . 1) Hold "Press to Operate Loader"button–3 seconds. 2) Change setting via upper buttons on left handle. 3) Press & hold the Press to Operate Loader button until SET is displayed to permanently set the new level. 4) Operate the machine in all 3 Drive Response settings and notice the differences. -Changes affect drive and steering responsiveness only. -Braking/stopping is not affected. DR-1 –less responsive DR-2 –normal response DR-3 –more responsive
hvyduty, thanks so much! I'll give it a shot when I'm back at the machine. :) ----RC

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

hvyduty, thanks so much! I'll give it a shot when I'm back at the machine. :) ----RC
hvyduty, that works great! Keeps the dr-3 setting even after shutdown and restart. Love it! I also have the rabbit-turtle speed setting capability. Press the snail button on the left joystick, then press the rabbit on the rabbit/turtle switch to make the machine move faster. Problem here is that it reverts back to the 50% speed setting when the power is turned off. Do you know of any way to lock in the fast speed setting? :) ---RC

Tazza

Staff member
hvyduty, that works great! Keeps the dr-3 setting even after shutdown and restart. Love it! I also have the rabbit-turtle speed setting capability. Press the snail button on the left joystick, then press the rabbit on the rabbit/turtle switch to make the machine move faster. Problem here is that it reverts back to the 50% speed setting when the power is turned off. Do you know of any way to lock in the fast speed setting? :) ---RC
You don't want it locked into 'high speed' you have less power and as far as i was aware, the high speed was just for traveling NOT for pushing/digging. I may be wrong here though. I'm assuming this is for driving? not hydraulic operation?

hvyduty

You don't want it locked into 'high speed' you have less power and as far as i was aware, the high speed was just for traveling NOT for pushing/digging. I may be wrong here though. I'm assuming this is for driving? not hydraulic operation?
Press the snail button and set the speed to what you like 1-99 57? is standard?,then press and hold the snail button until it beeps and set is displayed.This will now be your default snail button speed even if you turn the machine off.