Dozer blade as snow plow

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sph606

Hello everyone, I live on a farm in Maryland where we just had our first snow. We got about 8" so I ended up using the skidsteer bucket to clear the lane. I have a snow blower but the snow was not really deep enough and it was very wet. As I was clearing the snow I thought about how nice it would be to have a snow plow for this type of snow. FYI, I have about a mile of lane and clearing around the barns etc. As I was was looking at all the videos on youtube I decided it may be a worthwhile investment. I got a price on a new Virnig 84" V blade which looks awesome but is priced close to 5K. Then I searched craigslist &market place where there is an assortment of new and used blades at all price ranges. One ad caught my attention which is a V type dozer blade. It is 84" and has hydraulic & electric connections. I thought this would get more use around the farm instead of just a snow removal piece of equipment. My question is to any experienced operators out there, Would the dozer blade be good for snow removal ? Are these dozer blades useful around the farm or am I better off with the bucket for grading etc ? Any other comments or considerations would be appreciated.