Dooson Infracore Purchases Bobcat for 4.9 Billion?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat_ron

Don't worry, everything will be business as usual across North American Bobcat dealers. From what I have learned from my local dealer is that Bobcat will influence Doosan with their ideas for the compact excavators and skid steers and Doosan will give their insights on Bobcat equipment, worst case, Bobcat dealers will start selling Doosan excavators in the not too distant future, much like Vermeer is part of Ingersoll Rand, so don't sweat it. Any rumours regarding Bobcat cancelling the contract with Kubota are complete B.S., they have renewed the contract, so there again, business as usual. It was a good financial move I say, but then again, let's not sell out overseas, but whatever. Long story short, keep the Bobcat, don't worry about them disappearing, it'll all be the same!

primebeef

Don't worry, everything will be business as usual across North American Bobcat dealers. From what I have learned from my local dealer is that Bobcat will influence Doosan with their ideas for the compact excavators and skid steers and Doosan will give their insights on Bobcat equipment, worst case, Bobcat dealers will start selling Doosan excavators in the not too distant future, much like Vermeer is part of Ingersoll Rand, so don't sweat it. Any rumours regarding Bobcat cancelling the contract with Kubota are complete B.S., they have renewed the contract, so there again, business as usual. It was a good financial move I say, but then again, let's not sell out overseas, but whatever. Long story short, keep the Bobcat, don't worry about them disappearing, it'll all be the same!
So are the "Bobcats" going to look any different? I would like to see some pics of the new bobcats.

bobcat_ron

So are the "Bobcats" going to look any different? I would like to see some pics of the new bobcats.
No, the Bobcat skidsteers will look the same as they do now, but only the changes that Bobcat makes over the years to the models will change. The only thing that might get better is the excavators, I'm not a big fan of the excavators, so maybe Doosan wil help change them, Doosan knows Excavators, and good ones too, but they don't know Skidsteers, so Bobcat will help them in that department. And as far as my sig, it's a future bumper sticker on the engine cover of my T190, there are far too many Deere Sales reps around my area that I love to offend with it.

primebeef

No, the Bobcat skidsteers will look the same as they do now, but only the changes that Bobcat makes over the years to the models will change. The only thing that might get better is the excavators, I'm not a big fan of the excavators, so maybe Doosan wil help change them, Doosan knows Excavators, and good ones too, but they don't know Skidsteers, so Bobcat will help them in that department. And as far as my sig, it's a future bumper sticker on the engine cover of my T190, there are far too many Deere Sales reps around my area that I love to offend with it.
Make two stickers I'll take one.

TriHonu

I'll make more than 2, there's a few other Bobcat people I met over the years that I promised to send some!
My local Bobcat dealer (Lano Equipment in Anoka MN) has been selling Doosan excavators for years. They think highly of Doosan and wouldn't be selling them if they didn't believe in them. They have both Bobcat and Doosan excavators on display.
I spoke with them about the Doosan purchase. They expected very little change in Bobcat North America. Bobcat already has state of the art manufacturing facilities.
The only change they thought would happen is the change to Doosan engines in the future. Doosan is an OEM and builds almost every component in all of their equipment. They are speculating on the engine change and have heard nothing official from Bobcat on this issue.

Latest posts