Does anyone own a Bobcat 430 zhs mini excavator?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Eric

Does anyone own a Bobcat 430 zhs mini excavator? Im looking for some reviews from owners. Im probably going to be buying one this summer. I havnt demoed one yet. Im waiting for a good size job to put it to the test on a demo.

Fishfiles

I don't own one but have 2 430's and one 435 that I service , they are ok , not my favorite of the Bobcat line of dirt diggers , some of the problems out the norm I have had with it is the fuel kill solinod went out and it was like $300 , the wiring under the controll valve on a manifold block were not covered by a skid plate and wires got ripped out by a limb , the filters to service it are expensive , the way the radiator and oil cooler is placed if you do demo or dusty dirt work it gets blocked up quick and needs to be pressure washed frequently , about every two months , the fuel delivery and filter set up is messed up , the electric fuel pump went out on one of them so I modified it and it's much easier to get to the inline fuel filter now , ------- a close quarter machine is basically the next size bigger under carraige on the size smaller upper , which cuts down on the butt the machine has , if you really don't need the close quarter machine I would stay away from it as it is packed in and a little harder to work on , they do run good and get the job done but I work on them and I wouldn't own one