disaster work

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlong

I saw some old post about hurricane clean up and was wondering if anyone knows were to look for disaster work?I am in mo so tornados and flooding are the problems here.any info helps

Fishfiles

From what I learned from Katrina , clean up work is not worth chasing , if you don'[t know someone already yur not "in ", it is only profitable to the top of the work pyrimid who gets the contracts , for instance , $50 up was the price per yard of clean up , that got subed for $30 , and resubed for $20 , re re subed for $10 and the guys that actually picked it up and hauled it got $3.50 and had to wait for months and sweat out getting paid , the higher up got $20 and $10 dollars a yard to do and supply nothing , don't get mad at the game get , mad at the Players -------go for the construction side of the diaster and I think you will do better

perry

From what I learned from Katrina , clean up work is not worth chasing , if you don'[t know someone already yur not "in ", it is only profitable to the top of the work pyrimid who gets the contracts , for instance , $50 up was the price per yard of clean up , that got subed for $30 , and resubed for $20 , re re subed for $10 and the guys that actually picked it up and hauled it got $3.50 and had to wait for months and sweat out getting paid , the higher up got $20 and $10 dollars a yard to do and supply nothing , don't get mad at the game get , mad at the Players -------go for the construction side of the diaster and I think you will do better
Dlong, I posted a contact for you in your previous thread for disaster work, the guy might know something or sombody?. I would pay close attention to what Fishflies said.

Fishfiles

Dlong, I posted a contact for you in your previous thread for disaster work, the guy might know something or sombody?. I would pay close attention to what Fishflies said.
work goes thru cycles down here , and some types of contractors are still or starting to booming as a result of Katrina while others are fizzing out , the storm did a lot of bad , but if did a lot of good also , it's a different city , better in some ways and worst in others , if not for the storm I think it would be dead around here , and because of the storm it is dead around here , you can see the economy crubbuling , I think things are going to get "REALLY" bad ------Tazza , do you think a heavy equipment mechanic from da bayou could make it Down Under ----what does the Bobcat dealer get per hour for on site repairs , over here Bobcats 80 per hour no milage charge , Catapillar is over 100 and 2.00 per mile to and from job , could someone from outside come down without getting wopped up by the locals

Tazza

Staff member
work goes thru cycles down here , and some types of contractors are still or starting to booming as a result of Katrina while others are fizzing out , the storm did a lot of bad , but if did a lot of good also , it's a different city , better in some ways and worst in others , if not for the storm I think it would be dead around here , and because of the storm it is dead around here , you can see the economy crubbuling , I think things are going to get "REALLY" bad ------Tazza , do you think a heavy equipment mechanic from da bayou could make it Down Under ----what does the Bobcat dealer get per hour for on site repairs , over here Bobcats 80 per hour no milage charge , Catapillar is over 100 and 2.00 per mile to and from job , could someone from outside come down without getting wopped up by the locals
I'm really not sure, car mechanics get $75 or more per hr, dealerships charge out at over $120/hr. Depending on where you wanted to work, we have some serious money if you work in the mines on their BIG gear. Just a local guy off the street driving trucks can get over 100k a year, the more experience the more you can get.

Latest posts