demo a house?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dmeeks

Just wondering if anyone has demolished a house before with a compact track loader and a grapple bucket. The house I have to tear down is about 800 sq ft, single storey and no basement so I thought I could do it with my JD CT322 without a problem. Anyone done this before and how did it go??

jackel440

OH yeah! I tore down a mobile home with my New Holland with a grapple bucket.Actually was a life saver.I was able to fold up the metal roof in one big piece.seperated the floor deck from the fram with ease. I will be tearing down an old Double wide of my moms which has been remodeled so many times it is more house than trailer in the next week or 2. Biggest concern is nails or glass if you don't remove the windows.Watch out for wiring so as not to get tangled up in it.

mredden

OH yeah! I tore down a mobile home with my New Holland with a grapple bucket.Actually was a life saver.I was able to fold up the metal roof in one big piece.seperated the floor deck from the fram with ease. I will be tearing down an old Double wide of my moms which has been remodeled so many times it is more house than trailer in the next week or 2. Biggest concern is nails or glass if you don't remove the windows.Watch out for wiring so as not to get tangled up in it.
Im actually tryin to figure out what is wrong with my auxilliary controls on my bobcat 853 so i can use my grapple to take down our old farm house that caught fire a few years back.Its been a little while but last time i had my grapple on they worked fine.

Tazza

Staff member
Im actually tryin to figure out what is wrong with my auxilliary controls on my bobcat 853 so i can use my grapple to take down our old farm house that caught fire a few years back.Its been a little while but last time i had my grapple on they worked fine.
Depends on how far down it is. I pulled down our old chool pen years back. Used chains on the posts so i could pull it down and not have the top or sides hit me. If your farm house is really bad, i'd look at doing it with chains and see if you can get it to topple over by puling it down. Then you can go in and scoop the remains up.
A friend had his house burn down about 2 months ago. He got permission to burn off the left over wood that hadn't burnt, helped a lot with the clean up.

farmboy555

Depends on how far down it is. I pulled down our old chool pen years back. Used chains on the posts so i could pull it down and not have the top or sides hit me. If your farm house is really bad, i'd look at doing it with chains and see if you can get it to topple over by puling it down. Then you can go in and scoop the remains up.
A friend had his house burn down about 2 months ago. He got permission to burn off the left over wood that hadn't burnt, helped a lot with the clean up.
I use to do it for a living up to 15 story buildings. I used a Cat 977L Highlift. The main thing we tried to do was a little at a time and run and turn your machine on the wood to grind it up. More on a truck, less loads. With the 853 your going to have to keep your work in frount of the machine if you have reg tires on it. Just take your time start tearing out 1 corner and take it as it comes. The FIRST THING YOU DO IS GET ON THE ROOF AND PUSH/TEAR THE CHIMNEY OFF so it stays off you.