Deere 323e for beginner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RLemmens

So I'll admit I'm a total newb. I rented an old case one time and have put about 70hours on a John Deere 4520 utility tractor (less if you don't count the time running a chipper). We recently moved and, having almost rolled the tractor at the old house (losing the little bit of confidence I had gained), and the new house having softer ground and much steeper terrain I decided on a JD323e track loader. I ran it for a couple hours today, and though a bit tentative (slow and steady is my motto) this thing performed like a beast. It fits perfectly between the vineyard roads and is like a goat on the ground, even with side slope. I couldn't be happier, although there are pros and cons to every model, this one seems to work very well for me. I'm excited to learn more and appreciate any advice.

kroog

The track loaders are great in soft conditions as long as you don't run sideways on a hill and derail the tracks. The new E series has a regen feature, so you need to use it long enough for it to burn off the particulates. If you use it in business, it should work well. If you are a home-owner and use it lightly or for short durations, a D series may be a better choice. You have to consider what percentage of the time is in dirt and what percentage you run on gravel/asphalt/concrete. If you run more than 1/2 on hard surfaces, tires with removable tracks may be a better choice. Good luck.