Davis back hoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

For anyone with a Case/Davis 100 backhoe if it seems little weak on the crowd there are relief valves screwed into the top of the valve bank above the crowd and the boom valves. Mine was a little weak so I took the crowd one out and they are adjustable. Haven't had a chance to fiddle with it yet but the book says they are preset at 3000 lbs There is no way to lock them in position so in 30 or 40 years they probably back off some.

skidsteer.ca

A guage in that circuit to see what the relief dumps the oil at would be a worth while. Relief set points do soften up over time and may be a large percentage below what they factory set them at.
Ken

OP
OP
J

jerry

A guage in that circuit to see what the relief dumps the oil at would be a worth while. Relief set points do soften up over time and may be a large percentage below what they factory set them at.
Ken
That's what I planned on doing Ken, I should be able to just take the hose off and deadhead it into the gauge , does that sound right?

skidsteer.ca

That's what I planned on doing Ken, I should be able to just take the hose off and deadhead it into the gauge , does that sound right?
Either that or T it into the hose and run the cylinder up against the end. You way eliminates the cylinder as a possible place for pressure to escape. Try it at a idle and reved up some as well.
If its T'd in you ca operate the hoe and see how the pressure is time and time again.

OP
OP
J

jerry

Either that or T it into the hose and run the cylinder up against the end. You way eliminates the cylinder as a possible place for pressure to escape. Try it at a idle and reved up some as well.
If its T'd in you ca operate the hoe and see how the pressure is time and time again.
thanks Ken, that will be the way to do it , it's not a priority for a few months now. The book says they are preset for 3000 and I was surprised to see that they are adjustable when I took one out.