crazy

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

This story is worth telling , I think , my buddies put pilings in the ground with a T 300 and excavators with vibratory plate compactors , the recover from hurricane Katrina is still going on and will be for many years to come , in the 9th ward of the city Brad Pitt and others like Habit for Humanity are building houses for people who didn't have insurance and or money and lost everything , the group was on their 50th house and the Discovery Channel sent down a film crew to do a documentry and film the different crews doing their part in the process , so they set up and start filming the pilngs going in , the film crew had a custom aluminum box which held the camera and equipment , they had taken the box out the truck and put it on the edge of the property , they were all there filming and working and two guys in a pickup truck pull up , jump out the truck and load the box then peel out , my buddy says the British camera guy says " I do believe those blokes just stole my bloody box " , the superintendent jumps in his truck and comes back three hours later with the box , which had been found at the local scrap yard , aluminum is about 45 cents a lb right now so they probally got about 45 dollars max -------I wonder if that incident will be in the film ------------I don't know about where you'll are out but crime is at a all time high peak around here , right now

Tazza

Staff member
Wow
If its not nailed down, someone will try and steal it.
My dad had an old radiator out the front of the yard as a 'show piece' it had to weigh 300 or more KG, two guys came and dragged it on to the back of a ute one afternoon, not sure how they managed, but they did..... It was copper/brass so it was worth a bit, they obviously wanted it more than we did, bastards! It had been there for countless years without an issue.

sledesigns

Wow
If its not nailed down, someone will try and steal it.
My dad had an old radiator out the front of the yard as a 'show piece' it had to weigh 300 or more KG, two guys came and dragged it on to the back of a ute one afternoon, not sure how they managed, but they did..... It was copper/brass so it was worth a bit, they obviously wanted it more than we did, bastards! It had been there for countless years without an issue.
Thats a great story to tell, got me laughing. I'll bet it makes a little segment on their show....something to lead the viewers into giving to the show...."As you've just seen, any donation is appreciated out here. Send a check, money order, or scrap metal."

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Thats a great story to tell, got me laughing. I'll bet it makes a little segment on their show....something to lead the viewers into giving to the show...."As you've just seen, any donation is appreciated out here. Send a check, money order, or scrap metal."
here is another construction story , there is a demo job of 27 square blocks of houses for the new VA hospital and university , they wanted vibration monitors set up on the site to monitor ground movement and at 7:00 Monday morning a guy set up the monitor , at 8:30 the approximatley $7,500 monitor came up missing , they called the police and the company fired the guy because he should have been monitoring his machine and let it get away , 2 days later an old lady finds the box on the side the road , it had all kinds of stickers on it with names and numbers so she calls and the company gets it back , they rehire the guy they fired and he goes back to work , 3 police cars pull up on the job the next day and handcuff and arrest the worker who lost the box because when his name came up on the police report it triggered that he had out standing traffic violations -------- so he got fired , rehired and arrested in one week because he was not watching his box ---------------