Craigslist....

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I'd be careful with posts like this, most of the time its a scam, they want you to escrow the money which you will never see again for a machine you will never own. Be very cautious for adds like this, if it seems to good to be true, it generally is. Especially the bad english!

OP
OP
P

perry

I'd be careful with posts like this, most of the time its a scam, they want you to escrow the money which you will never see again for a machine you will never own. Be very cautious for adds like this, if it seems to good to be true, it generally is. Especially the bad english!
No fear, just curious if they had a history of mechanical problems....

sterlclan

No fear, just curious if they had a history of mechanical problems....
yeah wire ME the money and Ill ship it right out..........they usually want all info and money first and then they say they will tell you where to get the machine...........not a good deal only leads to bad spam....Jeff

Idoitall

Perry. If you look at other Alabama locations and even other states too, you'll find the same ads. As said, one doesn't have to be too smart to recognize these are scams looking to take your money. And as it is also said, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". It's a shame that people take advantage of things on the Internet and try to steal from honest folks.

That said, I also watch Craiglist some in my search. I placed a "wanted" ad and have a couple of responses, but nothing of interest to me. I have responded to two legitimate ads and have gotten no response. Maybe folks just place the ads and forget about them.

I haven't even considered CAT machines due to the initial cost and maint. cost if needed. Although I'm sure they are a very good machine, they are just too expensive for my personal use. Making a living with one is a lot different scenario.

TriHonu

Perry. If you look at other Alabama locations and even other states too, you'll find the same ads. As said, one doesn't have to be too smart to recognize these are scams looking to take your money. And as it is also said, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". It's a shame that people take advantage of things on the Internet and try to steal from honest folks.

That said, I also watch Craiglist some in my search. I placed a "wanted" ad and have a couple of responses, but nothing of interest to me. I have responded to two legitimate ads and have gotten no response. Maybe folks just place the ads and forget about them.

I haven't even considered CAT machines due to the initial cost and maint. cost if needed. Although I'm sure they are a very good machine, they are just too expensive for my personal use. Making a living with one is a lot different scenario.
Email him and ask to come over and inspect it. I'll bet the response will be nothing or it is currently in another state. If it is a real ad, I'd be surprised if it is still available for that price. That machine should easily bring $20k + with reasonable hours.
I'll second Idoitall; the maintenance on track machines is costly. I spoke with a couple of large contractors who run track machines. They both told me to stay away from them for personal use. If you have to do any track work you will be spending thousands for a pair of tracks and the needed repairs on the idlers. They both stated they charge more per hour for the track machines due to the purchase price and higher maintenance costs. If you can't bill it out you will be paying for it out of your pocket.
Tires are cheap. If you need the increased traction get a pair of Over the Tire Tracks.

OP
OP
P

perry

Email him and ask to come over and inspect it. I'll bet the response will be nothing or it is currently in another state. If it is a real ad, I'd be surprised if it is still available for that price. That machine should easily bring $20k + with reasonable hours.
I'll second Idoitall; the maintenance on track machines is costly. I spoke with a couple of large contractors who run track machines. They both told me to stay away from them for personal use. If you have to do any track work you will be spending thousands for a pair of tracks and the needed repairs on the idlers. They both stated they charge more per hour for the track machines due to the purchase price and higher maintenance costs. If you can't bill it out you will be paying for it out of your pocket.
Tires are cheap. If you need the increased traction get a pair of Over the Tire Tracks.
I thought I would have a little fun so I emailed him this.......His response is the last line...
In a message dated 12/15/2007 4:25:17 AM Pacific Standard Time, pwh writes...

I'll take the Caterpillar but I need for you to send me $2000 so I can get a $25,000 lien against my house released. I will drive over with my truck and trailer and bring cash.

I wait for your email.
F$$$ you!!!!

Tazza

Staff member
I thought I would have a little fun so I emailed him this.......His response is the last line...
In a message dated 12/15/2007 4:25:17 AM Pacific Standard Time, pwh writes...

I'll take the Caterpillar but I need for you to send me $2000 so I can get a $25,000 lien against my house released. I will drive over with my truck and trailer and bring cash.

F$$$ you!!!!
LOL

OP
OP
P

perry

look what he's says he is selling here and the location http://micronesia.craigslist.org/car/483358368.html
I flagged his post as spam and hope others do as well, it's sad but some will bite. I wish I was smart enough to turn the table on this slug....and give any ill gotten gains to charity...