Control Valve Leak- Test?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bison

Thanks Fellas. Those pics are not mine Fish. Mine are in the folder " Corey Shop Build" last 3 pics. Nothin to see really, just the diagram of the valve from the service manual. I think I gonna try lapping the bad side to see any deformity. I have inspected it under a magnifying lamp and cant see any cracks so lapping it is about all I can try at this point. i havent priced out a new one yet....too scared,
Would I be able to just get one new valve section or do these banks have to come in one piece, as in , all 3 valves and new covers?
take the valve to a engine rebuilder and have the parts magna fluxed,i bet you got a cracked valve body

Tazza

Staff member
take the valve to a engine rebuilder and have the parts magna fluxed,i bet you got a cracked valve body
You can't always see cracks with the naked eye.
I remember when i was having issues with mine, you could still buy segments, they weren't cheap, about $400 aud, but they were still available, thats worst case though.

OP
OP
C

coreya3212

You can't always see cracks with the naked eye.
I remember when i was having issues with mine, you could still buy segments, they weren't cheap, about $400 aud, but they were still available, thats worst case though.
Lapped it today. Wasnt warped at all and no hi spots. And no seal. Gonna price out a new valve segment tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks all.

OP
OP
C

coreya3212

Lapped it today. Wasnt warped at all and no hi spots. And no seal. Gonna price out a new valve segment tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks all.
Hopefully to put this thread to rest finally. I had no luck sourcing a segment for the valve. the best hyd shop, by best I mean gave a crap and was trying to help me, thought that it would likely be a valve manufactured only for Bobcat and they would not be able to sell me a section direct any way. That being said, they couldnt identify the model either. I went to BC and asked and the 825 either have a gresen CS valve, no longer available nor are segments available, or some new ones have a Gresen V20 which is still available as are segment but they didnt know which one specifically I had. new 3 spool V20 would have been 1300 bucks, and all indications were that a segment would have been in the 600-800 range. So I went to Princess auto and bought a prince 3 spool for 370 bucks. A few new hoses and fittings to re route a couple things and it seems to be holding pressure while running. I havent moved it around yet or worked the cylinders, so that will be the last thing tomorrow but I figure I got it licked.

Tazza

Staff member
Hopefully to put this thread to rest finally. I had no luck sourcing a segment for the valve. the best hyd shop, by best I mean gave a crap and was trying to help me, thought that it would likely be a valve manufactured only for Bobcat and they would not be able to sell me a section direct any way. That being said, they couldnt identify the model either. I went to BC and asked and the 825 either have a gresen CS valve, no longer available nor are segments available, or some new ones have a Gresen V20 which is still available as are segment but they didnt know which one specifically I had. new 3 spool V20 would have been 1300 bucks, and all indications were that a segment would have been in the 600-800 range. So I went to Princess auto and bought a prince 3 spool for 370 bucks. A few new hoses and fittings to re route a couple things and it seems to be holding pressure while running. I havent moved it around yet or worked the cylinders, so that will be the last thing tomorrow but I figure I got it licked.
The way to tell the difference was how many holes they had between sections, three or four. One was a V20 the other was a CS.
But what about the leak due to excessive back pressure? shouldn't the new one be pouring oil out of everywhere? or so you were told :)
I really hope this gets the problem solved, its cost you so many hours of down time and fiddling!!!!

OP
OP
C

coreya3212

The way to tell the difference was how many holes they had between sections, three or four. One was a V20 the other was a CS.
But what about the leak due to excessive back pressure? shouldn't the new one be pouring oil out of everywhere? or so you were told :)
I really hope this gets the problem solved, its cost you so many hours of down time and fiddling!!!!
Yea mine had 3 holes and we think the v20 had four. The manual shows 3 holes and thats why we figured I would have needed the whole new set up. The back pressure excuse from those clowns was complete Horsesh!t as confirmed by several here and my own extra day of screwin around. The guy told me also that I could bypass one of the 2 external hyd filters and when they did this, there was zero back pressure. When I got messing around I discovered that there is no back pressure when doing that because Low and behold, the pump doesnt move fluid through the valve when you bypass the filter they were talking about. When doing that, all you get is drive forward and reverse, but no lift , tilt or aux function. So there again they didnt know what they were talking about. If i had any fight left in me, I would go in there and get my 210 bucks back for the reseal job they didnt do properly. Obviously there is something wronf other than the seals, likely a crack, but they should have verified that with a test and told me so. Why did I have to come home to reinstall valve and engine to find out it still leaks. Pretty shabby in my opinion. Thanks for all the help fellas.

Latest posts