Compare 643 to 763?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

carl johansson

My brother is looking at buying a used 643. When I look at photos of the unit and compare it to my 763 - it seems as if the hand tillers are just plain pipes on the 642 - while mine have the pistol grips and controls. But the 643 does have auxillary attachments? so can I control more and different attachments than he can? and is his some sort of drive shaft between engine and pump - or is it belt drive like the 763? I'm hoping for whatever info i can give him to help him make a decision - like in the next 3 hours! carl Johansson

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Carl, the difference is the 643 is a slightly smaller machine, slightly lower ROC and smaller engine. Its not a belt driven machine. It will have aux hydraulics, controlled by the right lever, not a thumb switch like your 763. It has like bicycle hand grips, not the new fancy pistol grips.
The 643 is fully mechanical, anyone can work on it.
I hope thats the info you needed.

OP
OP
C

carl johansson

Hey Carl, the difference is the 643 is a slightly smaller machine, slightly lower ROC and smaller engine. Its not a belt driven machine. It will have aux hydraulics, controlled by the right lever, not a thumb switch like your 763. It has like bicycle hand grips, not the new fancy pistol grips.
The 643 is fully mechanical, anyone can work on it.
I hope thats the info you needed.
That did it - Thanks Tazza