Comments on the Tilt Tatch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chad

Thinking about getting one just wanted input on them and where can I look for used attatchments?

500K_773

Welcome to the Bobcat Forum Chad,
Sorry, I haven't used a Tilt-Tatch before. I did look at one for using with a bucket to cut grade or ditches. I don't remember the exact price, but though it was about $2,500. It also weighs 320#, so I would lose that much lifting capability. Also moves the load forward an additional 4.3" and the resulting leverage with further reduce the lifting capability. Like I said, I don't have any experience with it, but did find these facts while I was researching purchasing one. Hopefully someone else will have good comments on it. What do you plan on using it for?
Used attachments are usually hard to find. It seems like they sell with the machine. eBay seems to have a fair selection of used attachments. You can also purchase attachments out of your dealer's rental fleet at reduced prices. It just depends how much rent they have got out of them to determine the reduction in price.

owensge

Welcome to the Bobcat Forum Chad,
Sorry, I haven't used a Tilt-Tatch before. I did look at one for using with a bucket to cut grade or ditches. I don't remember the exact price, but though it was about $2,500. It also weighs 320#, so I would lose that much lifting capability. Also moves the load forward an additional 4.3" and the resulting leverage with further reduce the lifting capability. Like I said, I don't have any experience with it, but did find these facts while I was researching purchasing one. Hopefully someone else will have good comments on it. What do you plan on using it for?
Used attachments are usually hard to find. It seems like they sell with the machine. eBay seems to have a fair selection of used attachments. You can also purchase attachments out of your dealer's rental fleet at reduced prices. It just depends how much rent they have got out of them to determine the reduction in price.
I've been using the Tilt Tach for two years now for grading and ditches mostly -- I believe it was 2300 or so. It's been a great attachment for working on my roads. It's also handy to have when digging on the side of hills. I normally leave the Tilt Tach attached to my bucket, but if you were to use the same bucket under both conditions (with/without the tilt tach), you'd notice a slight difference in performance. I'm sure there would be a difference in using it with a tracked machine vs a wheeled skid steer. With the Tilt Tach attached, your bucket becomes a more useful tool. I've only used the Tilt Tach with my bucket so far, but I'm sure there are others out there who have used it with other attachments. You might go down to your local dealer and ask them to let you demo the Tilt Tach with a bucket on it. Then you can see for yourself what it might do for you. Good Luck!

bobbie-g

I've been using the Tilt Tach for two years now for grading and ditches mostly -- I believe it was 2300 or so. It's been a great attachment for working on my roads. It's also handy to have when digging on the side of hills. I normally leave the Tilt Tach attached to my bucket, but if you were to use the same bucket under both conditions (with/without the tilt tach), you'd notice a slight difference in performance. I'm sure there would be a difference in using it with a tracked machine vs a wheeled skid steer. With the Tilt Tach attached, your bucket becomes a more useful tool. I've only used the Tilt Tach with my bucket so far, but I'm sure there are others out there who have used it with other attachments. You might go down to your local dealer and ask them to let you demo the Tilt Tach with a bucket on it. Then you can see for yourself what it might do for you. Good Luck!
Very interested in these comments. I have about decided I need one of these for use on slopes with my bucket. Keep talking, folks!

500K_773

I was told by my dealer that it is not strong enough to be used on the 800 series. Jay
I checked Bobcat's website and they state that the Tilt-Tatch will fit the S130 - S250 and the T180 & T190. So it does look like it may get torn up by the larger machines. Sorry Geoffery, I guess it don't fit your T200 ;) I guess you can just ship it to me to use on my 773 :)

OP
OP
C

chad

I checked Bobcat's website and they state that the Tilt-Tatch will fit the S130 - S250 and the T180 & T190. So it does look like it may get torn up by the larger machines. Sorry Geoffery, I guess it don't fit your T200 ;) I guess you can just ship it to me to use on my 773 :)
Thats what I was concerned with was durability on my s250. I need to dig slopes and drainage ditches once in a while where a full bucket width is way too much . for the price I could almost buy a dozer blade and do it

500K_773

Thats what I was concerned with was durability on my s250. I need to dig slopes and drainage ditches once in a while where a full bucket width is way too much . for the price I could almost buy a dozer blade and do it
6-way dozer blade is exactly what I'm thinking would work well. A little more money, but will hold up better. I can also use it for snow removal in the winter.

owensge

My Tilt has held up well only because I keep telling it "no, no it's a T-190 -- really!. Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?" 500K_773, my Tilt is California bred, I don't know if it would warm to your cold winters. :)

YellowDog

My Tilt has held up well only because I keep telling it "no, no it's a T-190 -- really!. Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?" 500K_773, my Tilt is California bred, I don't know if it would warm to your cold winters. :)
best thing to put between bobtach and bucket! Easy to repair, too. 5 years plus of use and has outsurvived 5 machines.

RS Coyote

I just got one a couple months ago & love it. I'm sure glad I did not waste my money on a blade. I'm just going to get a dozer in the future.

I got one and swear by it. if you ever get to use one, you will never run another one again with out one. Just got a killer deal on mine. $2500 new. But the dealer told me they got one coming in on a trade. Dealer said, well I gave this guy a $1000 for it. Give me $1100. Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!. They even delivered it to my house. I love it, its great for cutting in swales. I am going to modifty it. Since my 773 has dual hydraulics (has road planner kit) so I am going to re route the lines and change the couplings to it can run off the 2nd set of hydraulics. So I can (when i get it) run a 4n1 bucket and the tilt tatch together. So I got myself a 6 way blade. hehehhehe

bobbie-g

I got one and swear by it. if you ever get to use one, you will never run another one again with out one. Just got a killer deal on mine. $2500 new. But the dealer told me they got one coming in on a trade. Dealer said, well I gave this guy a $1000 for it. Give me $1100. Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!. They even delivered it to my house. I love it, its great for cutting in swales. I am going to modifty it. Since my 773 has dual hydraulics (has road planner kit) so I am going to re route the lines and change the couplings to it can run off the 2nd set of hydraulics. So I can (when i get it) run a 4n1 bucket and the tilt tatch together. So I got myself a 6 way blade. hehehhehe
Itsgottobegreen, I have a line on a brand new 4-in-1. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. ---Bob

Tazza

Staff member
Itsgottobegreen, I have a line on a brand new 4-in-1. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. ---Bob
You won't be sorry with a 4 in 1 bucket, i honestly don't know how you guys manage without them! they are sold as standard with all new bobcats. Every one you see has a 4 in 1 bucket. It does add a little extra weight but its more than worth it.
As mine has teeth, i use it for lifting with chains, i get to the max lift of the arms then i still have about 1m more by opening the bucket. If you can't tell, i'm totally addicted.

skidsteer.ca

You won't be sorry with a 4 in 1 bucket, i honestly don't know how you guys manage without them! they are sold as standard with all new bobcats. Every one you see has a 4 in 1 bucket. It does add a little extra weight but its more than worth it.
As mine has teeth, i use it for lifting with chains, i get to the max lift of the arms then i still have about 1m more by opening the bucket. If you can't tell, i'm totally addicted.
Tazza
Now there is a use I never though of for the 4 in1. However I have been resisting the temptation, telling myself thats what I have a grapple for.
But other then only having one attachment to bring along, I have a hard time seeing them as versatile as a separate grapple and a std bucket. Maybe I'm missing something, Someone else said they are great for pulling fence posts. I guess I need to try one sometime.
Ken

YellowDog

Tazza
Now there is a use I never though of for the 4 in1. However I have been resisting the temptation, telling myself thats what I have a grapple for.
But other then only having one attachment to bring along, I have a hard time seeing them as versatile as a separate grapple and a std bucket. Maybe I'm missing something, Someone else said they are great for pulling fence posts. I guess I need to try one sometime.
Ken
Best thing since sliced bread! Owned same one for 7 years (on many bobcats) only rebuilt it 2x

140mower

Best thing since sliced bread! Owned same one for 7 years (on many bobcats) only rebuilt it 2x
I picked up my tilt-tach about a week ago, and while I only have about 10hrs on it I think this is going to be one of my better investments over the long run. No more buggering about trying to level the machine to get on grade, just tilt the bucket and away we go.
So far so good,
Don

Latest posts