Combo Bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

Bla, bla, bla, bla, bla. Did somebody here something?
Too bad you couldn't have tried 864wood's combo bucket before buying one or maybe rented one from the dealer. I've thought about the 6 way dozer blade also. Dealer priced one for me at $4000, but I definately want to try one before buying. The dealer doesn't have a 6-way blade for me to try, I really wanted to try it for snow plowing. They do have a combo bucket that I may demo as soon as things dry up here from the spring thaw.

743fan

Hello new user here.like the forum.Regarding combination buckets i find it interesting that most of you guys dont use them.Here in OZ nobody involved in construction work has a SSL without one.I have even had customers who make sure you have one before you even get the job.When you buy a SSL here it comes standard with combination bucket or as we call them a 4 in 1.

500K_773

Hello new user here.like the forum.Regarding combination buckets i find it interesting that most of you guys dont use them.Here in OZ nobody involved in construction work has a SSL without one.I have even had customers who make sure you have one before you even get the job.When you buy a SSL here it comes standard with combination bucket or as we call them a 4 in 1.
Welcome 743fan,
Glad you found the site. Where is OZ? Just wondering what type of work would require a combo bucket as standard fare? Most people here only have one large capacity bucket and think I am crazy when I tell them they should really consider a tooth bucket. Is the need for the bucket just for picking up loose material like limbs, logs, etc...?

864wood

Welcome 743fan,
Glad you found the site. Where is OZ? Just wondering what type of work would require a combo bucket as standard fare? Most people here only have one large capacity bucket and think I am crazy when I tell them they should really consider a tooth bucket. Is the need for the bucket just for picking up loose material like limbs, logs, etc...?
As most readers will know by now I love the combo. Also I just finished a vacation where I ran into anothe SSL contractor from New Jersey and hed has had as many as 7 machines at one time and all had a combo. He said he wouldn't send his machines to the job without one. I might add he had teeth one them also.

743fan

Welcome 743fan,
sorry should have been more specific,OZ is Australia.I find it just makes you so much more versatile on job sites.I'm involved in general bobcat hire with my trustie 743B with over 5000 trouble free hours.For instance today i had to clear a site which had a lot of thick vegetation.I open the bucket all the way and use the front cutting edge in a dragging motion in reverse.I then had to pull out several posts with the combo,very difficult without it.My combo has teeth on it which i also find i could'nt be without. Also I find I do most of my levelling with the combo bucket by opening the clam a couple of inches and dragging it backwards.An awesome result in my opinion and most of all the customers always seem happy.

500K_773

sorry should have been more specific,OZ is Australia.I find it just makes you so much more versatile on job sites.I'm involved in general bobcat hire with my trustie 743B with over 5000 trouble free hours.For instance today i had to clear a site which had a lot of thick vegetation.I open the bucket all the way and use the front cutting edge in a dragging motion in reverse.I then had to pull out several posts with the combo,very difficult without it.My combo has teeth on it which i also find i could'nt be without. Also I find I do most of my levelling with the combo bucket by opening the clam a couple of inches and dragging it backwards.An awesome result in my opinion and most of all the customers always seem happy.
I was searching eBay for grapple buckets and saw a 60" combo bucket for sale on eBay right now for $920. It's in the SanFransico Bay area. Might be a good buy for somebody that lives close. Auction ends Wed 9-22-04 at 14:40 PDT.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74988&item=3840361937&rd=1
Just an FYI