Clamp on Forks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dae06

I'm looking at getting some clamp on forks for my 751. The Titan forks seem to have pretty good reviews. My Question: They have the 1500 lb. rated forks and the 4000 lb. rated forks. Seeing my 751 is only rated to lift 1200 lbs. would there be any reason to get the more expensive 4000 lb. forks? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I don't believe you need the bigger ones, they will weigh more too.
Honestly, i'd rather go for a proper attachment and not clamp on forks if you plan on lifting anything heavy. The closer to the cab that you can carry a load, the more you can lift. You will loose a fair bit of lifting power having forks at the end of you bucket.
I know that for what i do, i always need as much lifting power as i can get :)

1ofU

i have built several sets of these forks , i use a set all the time to quick pick up stuff as long as you keep the weight around 2000 lbs you should be good to go . i use a set to load a pipe line welder on a trailer or flatbed truck . Jess

mmsllc

i have built several sets of these forks , i use a set all the time to quick pick up stuff as long as you keep the weight around 2000 lbs you should be good to go . i use a set to load a pipe line welder on a trailer or flatbed truck . Jess
you can also add on extra counter weights to the rear axle & some to the rear engine door. that will help prevent tipping over if you need to lift something heavier on occasion

JDWY

you can also add on extra counter weights to the rear axle & some to the rear engine door. that will help prevent tipping over if you need to lift something heavier on occasion
Titan also sells 3000 pound pallet forks FYI. I bought a set 2 months ago and they seem plenty strong to do the job. Price was $499 and free shipping.

lesgawlik

They are going to destroy your bucket!!!
I have the clamp on forks, and then I bought the Titan pallet forks attachment. The pallet forks are very heavy duty. I am not sure, but I think I bought the lower-rated pair. I don't think you could ever cause them to fail. The only problem with them is that since they clamp on your bucket, the load is 18"-24" farther forward than with regular forks. I had a cutting edge on my bucket, and there was no damage at all. The Titan pallet fork attachment is very good, too. The problem I had was that the Bobtach on my machine (and I think most if not all), does not tilt back beyond the vertical. So, if you have a load on the forks, and want to head down a slope, you have to back down or risk having the load slide off. Even if the pallet doesn't slide, whatever is on the pallet can slide. If it's not shrink-wrapped or secured, it might fall off. Titan sells the forks by themselves. I got an extra set, and had the shop cut the forks off and weld them back at an acute angle. Works great, and allows me to tilt the load back on the pallets.

Chalmers

I have the Titan palet fork attachment. Not the clamp on ones. I avoided the clamp on forks because the entire attachment is only a small increment in cost. The feature often missed but very useful is the man plate includes a 2" receiver for towing. We have used the forks for some brutal work and they have been excellent. Less than half the price of the official Bobcat product.Just my experience,yours may vary.

martinbrown235

I have the Titan palet fork attachment. Not the clamp on ones. I avoided the clamp on forks because the entire attachment is only a small increment in cost. The feature often missed but very useful is the man plate includes a 2" receiver for towing. We have used the forks for some brutal work and they have been excellent. Less than half the price of the official Bobcat product.Just my experience,yours may vary.
thanks for the all replied http://www.skidsteerforum.com it helped