CAT 277C(sister to SR80)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

schreib69

I own an ASV track loader(SR80) but my neighbor is having problems with his newer, CAT 277C. Trying to help him; he has problems understanding the situation. . . but I have never even used his machine. (He has owned and used it successfully for a year since buying it used. In pretty nice condition.)

He has been used to starting it up and using only joystick pattern #1(Cat default logic), then pressing the Parking brake button to release the machine and start usage. Normally, after doing so he simply starts using the machine as required.

I had him demo how his problem shows up as symptoms:
-- Out of the blue, after NORMAL start up(select #1, deselect Park) the machine is locked in place or runs intermittently, wonky. . . not right, whatever.
-- I started up the machine yesterday and watched him do so also. It appears the "1 /2" joystick pattern selector toggle switch is intermittent and possibly faulty. Pushing it multiple times on the left and right finally pulls it out of the blinking mode and one or the other(1 or 2) engages. However, once engaged still, nothing works / moves or if so, not correctly or as expected.
-- a flashing, yellow warning triangle appears with ! in the center. But, no way to understand what is wrong. . .?

After replacing both the pattern select(1 or 2) and the Park toggle switches, some of the odd functioning was stopped but it is still nearly impossible to move as it eventually(minute or two) drops out and the yellow ! triangle flashes; making it immobile.

Questions:

1) Are there OTHER failsafe / lockouts that could be causing this inability to move and use the machine after it is running?
2) ways to find out what the triangle ! is alerting to? Is there a diagnostic connector you can buy like for a car?

THANKS for your time!

foton

open up the operators manual there should be a page of alarm general meanings. this will not be as specific as the computer link. But maybe it can point you in the right direction. you could try disconnecting the battery for a while and let reboot itself sometime then they will flash a code. if it does write it down.

OP
OP
S

schreib69

thanks, the manual my neighbor has is worthless for listing the codes. Only tells diff. between whether it is flashing or not, nothing on specific codes; no specific code # shows also-- just exclamation point.
But, it may be useful to disconnect and look for codes. . . but too late now.
He drove 40 miles with it to local dealer today.