Cat 236d

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rkf63k10

Well, my 236d should be here next week I hope and I pray I get a lot of business! You guys that have one, is there anything I need to look out for or something that I need to know about it?

Tazza

Staff member
The best advise with any piece of machinery is to keep it serviced. If you are making money with it, any down time will cost you.

mmsllc

The best advise with any piece of machinery is to keep it serviced. If you are making money with it, any down time will cost you.
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE will save you a ton of downtime & money. Treat her good & you will have a machine that will last you a long time. If you neglect or abuse her, she will cost you dearly; probably when you need her the very most. Do yourself a huge favor & commit to taking as good of care of it; just as you would take good care of yourself. Some basic tips may seem obvious! #1.) GREASE!! Grease the machine routinely (once a week as a minimal).The main things to grease everyday are (especially) the bucket parts that operate in the sand or dirt. Don't neglect those grease points, they will only require minor attention every day to help keep more of your money in your pockets. Neglecting them, becomes very expensive. #2.) Keep her clean. Wash all mud off of her. Mud holds moisture, which can lead to rust related problems. #3.) Keep the air filter clean. All turbo-charged engines require a ton of air & dirty / clogged filters restrict airflow & can cause engine damage. #4.) Change engine oil, oil filter & fuel filters often. Do not let your budget dictate when you will service the machine. A machine needs what it needs, it does not know (or care) about your financial problems; but it can contribute to making your problems even worse. #5.) Fix / repair even the small problems before they become larger problems. If you do all of these things, you will be amazed how this will greatly help you. All of this is intended for the first time owner. I hope you get to work your CAT everyday & make a lot of money with it.

kroog

PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE will save you a ton of downtime & money. Treat her good & you will have a machine that will last you a long time. If you neglect or abuse her, she will cost you dearly; probably when you need her the very most. Do yourself a huge favor & commit to taking as good of care of it; just as you would take good care of yourself. Some basic tips may seem obvious! #1.) GREASE!! Grease the machine routinely (once a week as a minimal).The main things to grease everyday are (especially) the bucket parts that operate in the sand or dirt. Don't neglect those grease points, they will only require minor attention every day to help keep more of your money in your pockets. Neglecting them, becomes very expensive. #2.) Keep her clean. Wash all mud off of her. Mud holds moisture, which can lead to rust related problems. #3.) Keep the air filter clean. All turbo-charged engines require a ton of air & dirty / clogged filters restrict airflow & can cause engine damage. #4.) Change engine oil, oil filter & fuel filters often. Do not let your budget dictate when you will service the machine. A machine needs what it needs, it does not know (or care) about your financial problems; but it can contribute to making your problems even worse. #5.) Fix / repair even the small problems before they become larger problems. If you do all of these things, you will be amazed how this will greatly help you. All of this is intended for the first time owner. I hope you get to work your CAT everyday & make a lot of money with it.
I work for a CAT dealer. Read and follow the OMM (Operations and Maintenance Manual). Use CAT filters-yes they cost more, but when you cut them apart, you see a TREMENDOUS difference between CAT and all others. Purchase the ESC-reasonable priced and protects you against catastrophic failures. Especially if your machine has an enclosed ROPS with heat and A/C-get the PREMIER coverage which will cover wiring harness and HVAC repairs. If your machine takes DEF (blue fluid)-keep it in a cool place out of the sun which degrades it quickly. I keep ours in the basement. In my experience, the 236Ds have been a pretty good machine. If you have any questions, let me kn ow.