Cat 216 rebuild kit and crankshaft for 3034 engine?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

beemmeup32

Does anyone know where can find a full rebuild kit and a crankshaft for a Cat 216? It has the 3034 motor in it. I bought it off a company (United Exports out of Scranton, PA) and it immediately blew the motor. I need it running before taking legal action against them since I lose money while it sits here collecting snow. Any help would be great.

Tazza

Staff member
Are you able to put a Kubota into it? The only other place to try is Case, see how bad their prices are.

OP
OP
B

beemmeup32

Ebay Or any engine machine shop can get parts
this seems to be a rare/expensive motor. I don't think from the people I have talked to that can get a Case or Kubota motor in it. Ebay had 1 motor but they wanted over 10k for it. Local Cat dealer wants 10k for it and I talked to someone yesterday that wanted 12.5K for it plus core. i paid 9k for the machine so not going to double my investment into a 2001 machine.

jerry

this seems to be a rare/expensive motor. I don't think from the people I have talked to that can get a Case or Kubota motor in it. Ebay had 1 motor but they wanted over 10k for it. Local Cat dealer wants 10k for it and I talked to someone yesterday that wanted 12.5K for it plus core. i paid 9k for the machine so not going to double my investment into a 2001 machine.
Is that the perkins engine? If so there is a long , long, thread on it on the heavy equipment skidsteer forum.

Clone

Is that the perkins engine? If so there is a long , long, thread on it on the heavy equipment skidsteer forum.
I think I found the long thread that Jerry was talking about. There is a guy at the end that said he could get parts much cheaper for the 3034 Perkins at Equipment Parts Supply. They sell aftermarket parts. Sound like the parts were holding up.