case tv380 fuel leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rackmaster

I smelled fuel and could see a drip coming from under the injector pump. I have taken the radiator and fan assembly off and still can not see this area. I know I can take a mirror hopefully and see whats leaking, but there has to be a way to access this . any ideas. ,

OP
OP
R

rackmaster

the fuel leak is between the injector pump and the engine. I got a cd service manual, but it does not describe the proper way to remove the pump. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tazza

Staff member
the fuel leak is between the injector pump and the engine. I got a cd service manual, but it does not describe the proper way to remove the pump. can anyone point me in the right direction?
Can you get me a picture of the leak? i have never worked on one so i don't know without seeing it.
If you look up my profile, you can email me.

OP
OP
R

rackmaster

Can you get me a picture of the leak? i have never worked on one so i don't know without seeing it.
If you look up my profile, you can email me.
tazza, I cant see the leak, except with a mirror and flashlight reflecting on it. If you are looking at the pump, it is on left hand side, between engine and pump. there appears to be an identical cover plate on the right had side with star head screws holding it in place, I expect its the same setup on the other side. this plate is about 2 inches b ack from where pump bolts on, on lower side of pump.

Tazza

Staff member
tazza, I cant see the leak, except with a mirror and flashlight reflecting on it. If you are looking at the pump, it is on left hand side, between engine and pump. there appears to be an identical cover plate on the right had side with star head screws holding it in place, I expect its the same setup on the other side. this plate is about 2 inches b ack from where pump bolts on, on lower side of pump.
If it's an inline pump, they can leak around where the metal tube lines connect to. These parts screw into the pump and have Orings to seal.

OP
OP
R

rackmaster

If it's an inline pump, they can leak around where the metal tube lines connect to. These parts screw into the pump and have Orings to seal.
tazza, the leak is on small plate between pump and engine wall, toward the front of the unit. I could not get lucky and have a leak on the line to pump connectin. appears there is small plate located there, with 2 screws that hold it in place.

Tazza

Staff member
tazza, the leak is on small plate between pump and engine wall, toward the front of the unit. I could not get lucky and have a leak on the line to pump connectin. appears there is small plate located there, with 2 screws that hold it in place.
I wonder if you can simply re-seal it. Remove it and silicone it back on. Hopefully there is nothing behind it that will pop out.

OP
OP
R

rackmaster

I wonder if you can simply re-seal it. Remove it and silicone it back on. Hopefully there is nothing behind it that will pop out.
Hopefully , but the pump has to come off to see it. Only 1/2 clearance and can't get a star bit in there. I built 2 wrenches but was unsuccessful . Plus if I did get off, I could not see in it so I would not be able to replace anything

Tazza

Staff member
Hopefully , but the pump has to come off to see it. Only 1/2 clearance and can't get a star bit in there. I built 2 wrenches but was unsuccessful . Plus if I did get off, I could not see in it so I would not be able to replace anything
You may need to see if you can talk to your case dealer service department, they may be happy enough to tell you what you need to do over the phone.