Case 95XT hydraulic oil leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

technic

We have a 95XT that has a slow hydraulic oil leak that Iv'e looked everywhere for, The whole belly of this loader is wet and there is no clean spot or drip that I could find with a light and mirror. Is there a common leak on this model that I am missing. I am looking into getting a black light and dye to find this but thought maybe somebody out their could point me in a direction. Thanks for any help in advance.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd start by give it a GOOD de-grease then you can start to trace the leak from there, but you really need it to be clean to start off with.

tndigger

I'd start by give it a GOOD de-grease then you can start to trace the leak from there, but you really need it to be clean to start off with.
I own a 90XT and have had a hydaulic leak before. A good cleaning does help. Then I went over all hose connections that use a radiator clamp. I did find one broken clamp. I also called the dealership and talked to a tech and he said that the control bank o-rings are prone to leaking but are very difficult to reach. I did drill and tap two holes in the front of the machine to act as drains for any fluids. Since that checkover no more oil leaks.