Case 1845 leak from hydraulic pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Brady.Murphy

I accidentally posted in the bobcat forum, nobody replied. hopefully I can get help here. I found a leak on my case 1845(straight, no letters). It's leaking from the tandem pump, the last pump before engine driveshaft. I need to know if the whole pump assembly has to be removed or can I separate in the loader? If someone has experience or a better idea please share. It's a pretty big leak and I don't want to run it until the leak is fixed. I think I can get the diagram picture from case website if someone needs a visual of what I'm talking about. Hopefully I can get this thing back together again soon. Thanks.

flyerdan

I would imagine that it has a shaft running clear through that both sections spline to, so I don't think that taking it apart in the machine would work very well. An exploded diagram would confirm or deny that.
Can you see where the leak is coming from? I had a pretty good leak on mine, and it was one of those 90 degree fitting that a hose attaches to, it has an o ring seal and the nut backed off where it goes into the pump. Bend a wrench up to get in there and tighten it and that cured it.

Off Road SHO

I would imagine that it has a shaft running clear through that both sections spline to, so I don't think that taking it apart in the machine would work very well. An exploded diagram would confirm or deny that.
Can you see where the leak is coming from? I had a pretty good leak on mine, and it was one of those 90 degree fitting that a hose attaches to, it has an o ring seal and the nut backed off where it goes into the pump. Bend a wrench up to get in there and tighten it and that cured it.
My 1840 is also leaking from the pivot shaft (on top of pump where the control arm attaches) and dreading having to take them all out to fix. I might just figure out a catch pan and buy a lot of oil. Tom

Phil314

My 1840 is also leaking from the pivot shaft (on top of pump where the control arm attaches) and dreading having to take them all out to fix. I might just figure out a catch pan and buy a lot of oil. Tom
My 1845c is leaking in the same place. I was told they oval out from wear. I was going to try replacing the original seals in there with new ones and see if that helped at all.

Tazza

Staff member
My 1845c is leaking in the same place. I was told they oval out from wear. I was going to try replacing the original seals in there with new ones and see if that helped at all.
You should be able to replace seals in place, no need to pull the pump.
Other members have used a shop vac and hooked it up the the hydraulic tank to pull a slight vacuum on the oil so it won't leak out the pump when opened.
Good luck with the repairs guys!