Case 1816b & New Holland 455

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hock15

Hi new to the skid loader ownership. I have a case 1816b and the left side will not drive forward or backward. If I try to drive the right stick forward or backward and left at same time motor seems to want to stall. I'm thinking maybe the pump is bad on the left side. Also I'm looking at a New Holland 455, does anyone know of any common problems with this model, and the total height of machine? Thanks in advance. Todd

Tazza

Staff member
If the engine bogs down, it sounds like it could even be a problem with the drive motor on that side. If at all possible, can you block the machine, lift the cab and run it. try moving the stick forward for that side and see if the big hoses to the motors twitch? If they do, its almost like you have a restriction inside the motor. This would cause the engine to bog down. When the wheels are off the ground, there is no load on the motors, well very minimal. The hoses shouldn't move.
Just a thought.

skidsteer.ca

If the engine bogs down, it sounds like it could even be a problem with the drive motor on that side. If at all possible, can you block the machine, lift the cab and run it. try moving the stick forward for that side and see if the big hoses to the motors twitch? If they do, its almost like you have a restriction inside the motor. This would cause the engine to bog down. When the wheels are off the ground, there is no load on the motors, well very minimal. The hoses shouldn't move.
Just a thought.
Yes

Could be park brake not releasing, jambed up bearing some place or ....
Ken