Can you convert the L555 L553 to have all hand controls? like Case?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scottlandyard

, i know this is a long shot, but Can you convert the L555 L553 to have all hand controls? like Case? Scott

skidsteer.ca

Anything is possible but I don't believe there is a NH kit.
Bobcat used to make one for their machines that used morse cables rather then linkages. But it would still require quite a bit of monkeying around.
Ken

Earthwerks Unlimited

I actually converted my 1987 L555 to hand controls. I cut thye conrol vevers off below the hand grips and made hinges and brackets out of circle track racecar off-the-shelf items. I used what are called push-pull cables which are made for this purpose. A company in California (here many co's who do make them) made them for about $75. I had to make a bell crank setup to push pull the one (or both??) control valves. It looked professional and worked like a charm. Now, my '05 New Holland LA185.b is an engineering marvel how they all that stuff to work without using one cable--it's all mechanical linkage.
Sorry--no pics-- my buddy now has it and I have seen it in 6 years.

OP
OP
scottlandyard

scottlandyard

I actually converted my 1987 L555 to hand controls. I cut thye conrol vevers off below the hand grips and made hinges and brackets out of circle track racecar off-the-shelf items. I used what are called push-pull cables which are made for this purpose. A company in California (here many co's who do make them) made them for about $75. I had to make a bell crank setup to push pull the one (or both??) control valves. It looked professional and worked like a charm. Now, my '05 New Holland LA185.b is an engineering marvel how they all that stuff to work without using one cable--it's all mechanical linkage.
Sorry--no pics-- my buddy now has it and I have seen it in 6 years.
Cool. Ide love some pix. sounds like a big job. I had run a case for several year and when i switched to running a NH made JD, my legs were really sore from running the foot controls. LMK if you can get some pix and thank for the reply. Scott

Latest posts