Calling---bob cat parts manager

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Tell me what I'm doing wrong?. Three times I ordered and picked up parts from BC and...All three times I got the wrong parts???. I give the the Mod. and Serial # and they still get it wrong. Am I reduced to taking the broken parts to BC much like I do with auto parts stores. Thanks in advance..... Perry

skidsteer.ca

My expeience with parts is usually the broken pieces are of less help (especially for ordering something they don't have) then the mod and ser #. Your parts guy must be having a tough week ;)
Seriously though, It is disheartening to receive the wrong part but it happens often, I'm thinking one 4 or 5. (though I have had perfect luck with Bobcat, usually don't need many parts from them, compared to some of the other equipment we use alot more) I always inspect the part b4 I leave the store, because I have had many instances when getting the correct part should have been a no brainer and yet the wrong piece ends up in my hands,
As well Mark may not want to take world wide responsibilty for explaning all the errors a company the size of Bobcat could make in a day. (despite a near excellent effort on their part)
Seasons Greetings
Ken

jmatt20

My expeience with parts is usually the broken pieces are of less help (especially for ordering something they don't have) then the mod and ser #. Your parts guy must be having a tough week ;)
Seriously though, It is disheartening to receive the wrong part but it happens often, I'm thinking one 4 or 5. (though I have had perfect luck with Bobcat, usually don't need many parts from them, compared to some of the other equipment we use alot more) I always inspect the part b4 I leave the store, because I have had many instances when getting the correct part should have been a no brainer and yet the wrong piece ends up in my hands,
As well Mark may not want to take world wide responsibilty for explaning all the errors a company the size of Bobcat could make in a day. (despite a near excellent effort on their part)
Seasons Greetings
Ken
my local bobcat dearler considers the parts dept an entry level job...the new guys always start in parts. the results are predictable .. i own the parts book for every machine i own and always order by part number ... i get the right part every time. the first parts book i got was about 50.00 dlls. the last two books were part of the purchase deal ,i asked for them and they thru them in along with the service manuels. back when nissan was datsun the local dealer had a guy in parts that was there for about 10 or 12 years. you could just about walk in and tell him the model and year and he could walk off and come back with your part ...you didn't even need to tell him what was wrong with your car he knew them so well he could just about tell what was wrong with it.( lol... well almost) .

Tazza

Staff member
my local bobcat dearler considers the parts dept an entry level job...the new guys always start in parts. the results are predictable .. i own the parts book for every machine i own and always order by part number ... i get the right part every time. the first parts book i got was about 50.00 dlls. the last two books were part of the purchase deal ,i asked for them and they thru them in along with the service manuels. back when nissan was datsun the local dealer had a guy in parts that was there for about 10 or 12 years. you could just about walk in and tell him the model and year and he could walk off and come back with your part ...you didn't even need to tell him what was wrong with your car he knew them so well he could just about tell what was wrong with it.( lol... well almost) .
I have bought quite a few parts from my local dealer over the 4-5 years i have owned bobcats. They have stuffed up once, the filter i got was wrong, other than that, i have not had a problem!
What they have always done, is sent me a fax (when i didn't have a parts manual) showing the item in place to confirm it is what i was after. You may just have gotten a new person that is still learning, i usually deal with the manager, he knows just about everything!

OP
OP
P

perry

I have bought quite a few parts from my local dealer over the 4-5 years i have owned bobcats. They have stuffed up once, the filter i got was wrong, other than that, i have not had a problem!
What they have always done, is sent me a fax (when i didn't have a parts manual) showing the item in place to confirm it is what i was after. You may just have gotten a new person that is still learning, i usually deal with the manager, he knows just about everything!
Well....I called the BC manager and explained my frustration, he is sending one of his guys, with the correct parts to my house. That's what I call 'customer service'. The 70 mile round trip was really pi$$ing me off. Thanks for letting me blow a little steam.... Perry

farmboy55

Well....I called the BC manager and explained my frustration, he is sending one of his guys, with the correct parts to my house. That's what I call 'customer service'. The 70 mile round trip was really pi$$ing me off. Thanks for letting me blow a little steam.... Perry
I guess I'm lucky like Tazza, My BC parts & service dept. have bent over backwards to help me. dennis

OP
OP
P

perry

I guess I'm lucky like Tazza, My BC parts & service dept. have bent over backwards to help me. dennis
GET THIS.......BC dealer sent one of his sales reps. with my parts......He brought the WRONG parts. This is Christmas season and I refuse to let it get under my skin, the rep. was obviously embarresed and promised he would have me fixed up by Friday..... Merry Christmas Perry

Tazza

Staff member
GET THIS.......BC dealer sent one of his sales reps. with my parts......He brought the WRONG parts. This is Christmas season and I refuse to let it get under my skin, the rep. was obviously embarresed and promised he would have me fixed up by Friday..... Merry Christmas Perry
LOL
You have the absolute worst luck. It sounds like you have been breaking mirrors and walking under ladders to get all this bad luck, ooh and black cats.
I'm sure they will get you sorted out, don't let it get you down.

WebbCo

LOL
You have the absolute worst luck. It sounds like you have been breaking mirrors and walking under ladders to get all this bad luck, ooh and black cats.
I'm sure they will get you sorted out, don't let it get you down.
Wow, see what happens when your not online enough! Im always willing to help when I can, please forward questions to my work email and I will get them much faster than at home, or on this forum.
[email protected]
Sorry for the delay!

Mark

OP
OP
P

perry

Wow, see what happens when your not online enough! Im always willing to help when I can, please forward questions to my work email and I will get them much faster than at home, or on this forum.
[email protected]
Sorry for the delay!

Mark
Mark, thanks for the offer, I'm an optimist and believe that all things work out.

WebbCo

Mark, thanks for the offer, I'm an optimist and believe that all things work out.
Sometimes the model and serial number are not enough, only due to the fact that Bobcat company has some issues with their online cataloging. They call it BASS, we call it Bobcats Attemp to Slow Sales... The system is flawed. Not user friendly and difficult to read. Bad thing about the parts catalogs that they print is they are outdated shortly after you get it. Bobcat changes part numbers like I change underwear. After 10 years doing the same thing I usually can walk to the parts shelf and grab what I need. Also, ever wonder why Bobcat doesnt have a online parts system when 95 percent of everyones elses does? The Bass system is so missed up that parts returns would sky rocket and keep the needed parts sitting on return shelfs rather than out going shelfs. Perry I feel your pain, Im not able to give the correct parts 100 percent of the time. By the way what was you looking for anyway?

OP
OP
P

perry

Sometimes the model and serial number are not enough, only due to the fact that Bobcat company has some issues with their online cataloging. They call it BASS, we call it Bobcats Attemp to Slow Sales... The system is flawed. Not user friendly and difficult to read. Bad thing about the parts catalogs that they print is they are outdated shortly after you get it. Bobcat changes part numbers like I change underwear. After 10 years doing the same thing I usually can walk to the parts shelf and grab what I need. Also, ever wonder why Bobcat doesnt have a online parts system when 95 percent of everyones elses does? The Bass system is so missed up that parts returns would sky rocket and keep the needed parts sitting on return shelfs rather than out going shelfs. Perry I feel your pain, Im not able to give the correct parts 100 percent of the time. By the way what was you looking for anyway?
It was the two (2) solenoids for the aux. hydraulics, mine were stuck in the on mode. BC overnight-ed the correct ones yesterday, finally!!!!!!!!

skidsteer.ca

It was the two (2) solenoids for the aux. hydraulics, mine were stuck in the on mode. BC overnight-ed the correct ones yesterday, finally!!!!!!!!
Just in time to save your sanity for the the holidays. :)
Seasons Greetings
Ken

goodtech

Just in time to save your sanity for the the holidays. :)
Seasons Greetings
Ken
I'm sorry that you had so many hassles getting your parts. As a mechanic for bobcat, let me tell ya it is hard to get the right part sometimes. I have even had parts in a box that have been used come from the factory, and they where wrong ones at that. It help to have a good parts guy, but he can only do so much also. My main parts guy has been with bobcat since the late 80's he knows alot, and can usually find ya the anwser, but he can't help the other end that is sending the wrong parts. Bass II sucks also, it is always nice to go to a book that is for sure! Mark Do you work for a Pape' store?

skidsteer.ca

I'm sorry that you had so many hassles getting your parts. As a mechanic for bobcat, let me tell ya it is hard to get the right part sometimes. I have even had parts in a box that have been used come from the factory, and they where wrong ones at that. It help to have a good parts guy, but he can only do so much also. My main parts guy has been with bobcat since the late 80's he knows alot, and can usually find ya the anwser, but he can't help the other end that is sending the wrong parts. Bass II sucks also, it is always nice to go to a book that is for sure! Mark Do you work for a Pape' store?
I wish all equipment manufacturers would get their parts catalogs online, I was just in the New Holland site and you can look up the # of any part on almost any skid-steer they ever made. save the part numbers to you list, then print the list and fax or take it to your dealer. Plus the exploded views are kinda handy too. The only thing I have seen better is a downloadable pdf, where you can save the manual for your particular machine on your harddrive.
However I will give "the boys in white" kudos for a service manual that ain't $292.00 and you don't have to buy a cab jack kit to perform major repairs.
Ken

WebbCo

I wish all equipment manufacturers would get their parts catalogs online, I was just in the New Holland site and you can look up the # of any part on almost any skid-steer they ever made. save the part numbers to you list, then print the list and fax or take it to your dealer. Plus the exploded views are kinda handy too. The only thing I have seen better is a downloadable pdf, where you can save the manual for your particular machine on your harddrive.
However I will give "the boys in white" kudos for a service manual that ain't $292.00 and you don't have to buy a cab jack kit to perform major repairs.
Ken
Goodtech as been around I can tell, he has seen the b s that can ship from the factory. To bad to, as the problem is that bobcat has a liberal return policy and lets face it, they dont test or inspect all the returns back to them, I have recieved many a core or defective part just to sell them to a customer, who looks like crap when it comes back? Me and my department.
Goodtech, nope dont work for the pape group, (I have heard they are huge) myself, I work for Intermountain Bobcat and Scott Machinery company. 7 stores John Deere, Hitachi and of course Bobcat IR. We are also a Utility Group dealer for IR, man if you think Bobcat has issues with Bass II their version of ATCS is down right awful!!! Both of these programs are built by Inigma company and lack the true parts counter needs. Man what I wouldnt do to have Epic back! How did we get involved with a company that calls itself Inigma!?!
Bobcat has always been good priced on the manuals, compared to Deere which can get close to 300 bucks! I alway offer the customer a pdf file copy of anything we work on so that they can update books or access it just for the job they are working on. PS how bout those track machine drive motors that are like pulling teeth from a hen!
Mark

skidsteer.ca

Goodtech as been around I can tell, he has seen the b s that can ship from the factory. To bad to, as the problem is that bobcat has a liberal return policy and lets face it, they dont test or inspect all the returns back to them, I have recieved many a core or defective part just to sell them to a customer, who looks like crap when it comes back? Me and my department.
Goodtech, nope dont work for the pape group, (I have heard they are huge) myself, I work for Intermountain Bobcat and Scott Machinery company. 7 stores John Deere, Hitachi and of course Bobcat IR. We are also a Utility Group dealer for IR, man if you think Bobcat has issues with Bass II their version of ATCS is down right awful!!! Both of these programs are built by Inigma company and lack the true parts counter needs. Man what I wouldnt do to have Epic back! How did we get involved with a company that calls itself Inigma!?!
Bobcat has always been good priced on the manuals, compared to Deere which can get close to 300 bucks! I alway offer the customer a pdf file copy of anything we work on so that they can update books or access it just for the job they are working on. PS how bout those track machine drive motors that are like pulling teeth from a hen!
Mark
The last deere manual I went to purchase was for my 911 extender hoe, paper was like $40 bucks, but a pdf download was $18 or so. (been awile memory fades) Bought it right off their website and was reading it in 15 minutes. I really like the pdf idea, and they had a much better price on the electronic version. And when I rip a page or spill oil on it, I can just hit the print key again.
I have about 1/2 of my 773 g manual scanned, I need to get back to it and finish it up.
Ken

goodtech

The last deere manual I went to purchase was for my 911 extender hoe, paper was like $40 bucks, but a pdf download was $18 or so. (been awile memory fades) Bought it right off their website and was reading it in 15 minutes. I really like the pdf idea, and they had a much better price on the electronic version. And when I rip a page or spill oil on it, I can just hit the print key again.
I have about 1/2 of my 773 g manual scanned, I need to get back to it and finish it up.
Ken
I have noticed lately alot of these parts you need for these are sometimes getting harder to get. Ya know next day air, machine down. Not only do they give ya the shaft for trying to get the parts, then still it can take up to a couple of weeks to get the parts, like the drive motors for these track machines. Pape' is a huge company, they have several different stores. Mine we have hysters, bobcat, IR reach trucks and genie lifts. Then down the road they have there heavy machinery side. That bass II sucks, I think they need to start thinking about the customer. Maybe take and make a website that the customer can go into and look up the parts themselves, make sure they are getting what they want. Have a good holiday season

Latest posts