bucket lift on l 553

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

downrigger

the bucket left and tilt work's fine will not stay in the up or tilt postion draft back down fast. my little brain said a stuck value.what do you think?and is there an easy fix?wishfull thinking

Mike10

there is no leak's around them or am i thinking wrong.
The leak is internal past the piston seals. If you want to check for sure before you remove it, get two caps that fit the fittings on the cylinder. Lower the loader to the ground, remove the hoses and install the caps. Raise the loader and see if the bucket drifts forward. If it drifts forward the leak is in the cylinder.

OP
OP
D

downrigger

The leak is internal past the piston seals. If you want to check for sure before you remove it, get two caps that fit the fittings on the cylinder. Lower the loader to the ground, remove the hoses and install the caps. Raise the loader and see if the bucket drifts forward. If it drifts forward the leak is in the cylinder.
Mike # 1 i want to thank you for the come back. it go's down by it self both lift and tilt so dose that mean that all three cylinder are leaking ? thank's again. Jim

OP
OP
D

downrigger

MIKE I'M TRYING TO GET A PICTURE OF THIS IN MY MIND DOES ONE CYLINDER LEAKING AFFECT THE OTHER TWO OR DID THEY ALL START TO LEAK AT ONCE??

Mike10

MIKE I'M TRYING TO GET A PICTURE OF THIS IN MY MIND DOES ONE CYLINDER LEAKING AFFECT THE OTHER TWO OR DID THEY ALL START TO LEAK AT ONCE??
There is nothing in the control valve, if the spools are centering when released, that would cause both bucket and lift cylinders to leak down at the same time except for a possible crack in the valve itself which is unlikely. That only leaves the cylinders and lines. There is always some leakage past the valve spools that will allow the cylinders to drift down over time, but if the cylinders leak down fast I still say it is the seals in the cylinders. It only takes one lift cylinder that has bad seals to cause the boom to leak down.

Mike10

There is nothing in the control valve, if the spools are centering when released, that would cause both bucket and lift cylinders to leak down at the same time except for a possible crack in the valve itself which is unlikely. That only leaves the cylinders and lines. There is always some leakage past the valve spools that will allow the cylinders to drift down over time, but if the cylinders leak down fast I still say it is the seals in the cylinders. It only takes one lift cylinder that has bad seals to cause the boom to leak down.
You have two separate hydraulic circuits with the boom and bucket cylinders. So, yes, you have leakage in at least two of the cylinders to cause both circuits to leak down. One circuit is the bucket cylinder and the other circuit is the two lift, boom, cylinders.

skidsteer.ca

The lift and tilt are separate circuits. However if they are both drifting they both have a problem. Testing the cyliinders for bypass of the piston is the easiest first step.
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP
D

downrigger

The lift and tilt are separate circuits. However if they are both drifting they both have a problem. Testing the cyliinders for bypass of the piston is the easiest first step.
Skidsteer.ca
just to say thank's to everyone for all the infor