Bucket Float Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JDWY

I posted this question on the New Holland section about a week ago but got no response. Since the Bobcat section gets way more traffic, hopefully and assuming the float feature is the same as on a New Holland, someone here can provide an answer. "After the snowed in winter we had, we weakened and bought a 2009 NH L185 with joystick controls. To float the bucket, I can feel the joystick control go forward through the detent to the float position. However, when I move the lever to the right (bucket dump position) while still being in float mode the bucket will tilt and raise the front wheels off the ground. I would have assumed the tilt rams would tilt the bucket but the lift rams being in float and unpressurized would allow the bucket to tilt and the lift ram fluid would bypass allowing the rams to compress therefore not raising the front of the skid steer. But not so?"

bobbie-g

On both my Bobcat machines, once the lift arms are in float (detent position) and while the machine is stationary, tilting the bucket down does tend to lift the front of the machine up. Once I start backdragging, the lift arms will drift up and the float action starts to act as I would expect. Try backdragging and see if the arms do indeed float with the terrain. :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
J

JDWY

On both my Bobcat machines, once the lift arms are in float (detent position) and while the machine is stationary, tilting the bucket down does tend to lift the front of the machine up. Once I start backdragging, the lift arms will drift up and the float action starts to act as I would expect. Try backdragging and see if the arms do indeed float with the terrain. :) ---Bobbie-G
Thanks, Boggie-g, I'll give that a try next time. I had only done it while stationary.

jerry

Thanks, Boggie-g, I'll give that a try next time. I had only done it while stationary.
my lx665 is much older but also has a iffy float position, if engaged when stationary it will tend to lift the machine until you begin to move. There is a improved float kit for them but I never checked into it.

OP
OP
J

JDWY

my lx665 is much older but also has a iffy float position, if engaged when stationary it will tend to lift the machine until you begin to move. There is a improved float kit for them but I never checked into it.
Good to know, I was more interested to know if it wasn't working right or not. So far the machine seems to be in very good shape and well maintained by the company that owned it. No leaks anywhere. The big door windshield was scratched and "sandblasted" and I figured a new one would cost a fortune but I found one on Ebay out of Texas for only $140-$150. If anyone needs on for their skid steer I can give you the company name.