Brush cutter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jarhead5963

I currently have a 02 new holland LS180. Trying to decide what is the best brand of brush cutter for my machine? Don't have an excess of money tho I've seen quite a few sell at auction for around $2500. Anyone with this machine who has a good or bad experience with a brush cutter, I'd like to hear your opinions. Thanks much

machine addict

If that's your budget and you don't have high flow look for a 60" direct drive cutter on ebay. Get one with 2 or 3 blades. If it has 4 take 2 off. The more blades it has the more power it takes to turn it.

farmshop

If that's your budget and you don't have high flow look for a 60" direct drive cutter on ebay. Get one with 2 or 3 blades. If it has 4 take 2 off. The more blades it has the more power it takes to turn it.
We run a bobcat brush cat. We looked at cheaper brands but liked the bobcat

SkidRoe

Most folks who want a low budget brush cutter build their own out of an old 3 point hitch tractor unit. Get a hydraulic motor from a place like the Surplus Center, and a mounting plate from a place like Skidsteer Solutions, a bit of cutting, a bit of welding, and away you go.
My $0.02 - SR