Bobcat442

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

I had to change a hydraulic filter on a Bobcat 442 today because the buzzer and light was going off , the hydraulic filter with tax cost $345.00 at the dealer as I wasn't able to cross it over , has any one found a crossover for this filter yet , the price is ridiculous , I forgot about calling Terex as they are the ones that built the machine for Bobcat , am going to see what they get for it , I know from working on the 442 I would never buy one as the parts pricing is the highest of any Bobcat I ever worked on , operates smooth but a bad machine

WebbCo

Yikes! I know they are pricey but I dont sell mine for that much! Schaeff is the actual builder of the machine I think, Terex and Bobcat just have different colors of the same machine.
Wait till you need a set of tracks! 4k each I think.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Yikes! I know they are pricey but I dont sell mine for that much! Schaeff is the actual builder of the machine I think, Terex and Bobcat just have different colors of the same machine.
Wait till you need a set of tracks! 4k each I think.
I recently had to buy the primary fuel filter for the 442 and it cost $96.00 , it didn't cross over yet , if it were mine I would have just changed the filter head and filter to a different style , it is a very expensive machine to get parts for , had to change the air conditioning hose that runs under the engine as something smashed the belly pan and took it out , it was $460 , the claw cylinder seal kit was $350 , the gland nut ( cylinder head ) was $400 -------recently had to modify the fuel delivery system on it as the belt driven fuel pump was not doing it's job , mounted a old style electric pump from a 231 into the system and solved the problem a whole lot cheaper than buying the new pump , there are after market tracks avialable for it alot cheaper