Bobcat T770 SCR Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Trapper9

I never had issues with my old T190 but my new 770 is turning out to be a real pile. It only has 275 hrs on it and now the SCR is having issues again for the third time. It is showing a Tampering Fault and the SCR display is on. I have an extended warranty and so its another 1.5 hr drive to the dealer for the third time. Is anyone else having issues with the smog on their unit? Seriously thinking of selling it before the warranty is up and buying another brand. Every time I jump in it there seems to be another code flashing. Already replaced the joysticks and who knows whats next.

Tazza

Staff member
Glad you got the extra warranty, i'm with you on getting rid of it before it's out of warranty... The issue is, the next one will have the same systems that may go bad on you too....

7LBSSMALLIE

im afraid that all manfuctures have gone to scr dpf whatever, EPA COMPLAINT. most don't know that when buying a new eng for older units , the core has to be turned in (not for rebuild but to be deystroyed like 5 grand) yea they are serious. that's the world we live in.. so how do we proceed. A.. clean fuel clean fuel clean fuel.::: gotta run it wide open and dog it down., it has to get hot current recomdations are fill dpf tank when fueling, acutally today tech talk between ourselvelse compared old def to a kidney stone. it crystalize and wont pass, , injectors are a grand each, let alone imv rail etc, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW CLEAN FUEL .RUN LIKE YOU STOLE IT. DO NOT INHIBIT DPF REGEN. MAINTANCE IS A HAVE TO DO NOT A WANT TO.YET NOTE THE INTERVALS ARE EXTENDED, . AND ALL MANFUCTURES ARE THE SAME ITS YOURE GOV AT WORK BOBCATS CANT SMOKE. side note just squared away a 643b yea she has a ether habit. but for 33 yrs old gotta love her she starts and runs and moves materil

BCATMECH25

The SCR systems can be a pain. The DEF sender in the DEF tank has been updated to a newer style and the old style was famous for throwing SCR inducment faults, tampering fault and def quality low. Also the software for the ECU and the DCU needs to be updated. All of this should be covered under emission warranty.